Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We also tow 5200 lbs of water on a 16' tandem flatbed. Two 325 gallon totes full... I think the major player is the bounce in the roads though. Never had to worry about it with my one ton but my lease members seem to error on the side of caution with their half tons so I was following their lead..

Last edited by Smart; 06-02-2020, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Depends on your trailer tongue weight with that load. Your trailer tongue weight is going to different than direct bed weight... those half tons sag pretty bad with 1500lbs of corn in them....

Cardio is a bad word around here..
      Probably to an extent. The hay load was on a 3/4 short bed 4x4 7.3. We aired it with the gooseneck empty and it shot up 6" with 50lbs so we backed them down and carried a pump. Never added any air.

I have firestone ride rights on wifes 1/2 ton chebby and as mentioned I only put 15-20 in it even to haul a 28' bumper pull travel trailer. I initially added them to level the load when pulling my boat. There was a little sag in the truck and a guy mentioned keeping my trailer as level as possible since I have oil bath hubs. I bought the bigger bags thinking I may need 100lbs and could have gotten away with the smaller ones.

Either way if I ever get rid of my taco (get this thread back on track!) and go back to a 3/4 ton it'll have bags for the ride quality alone. Theyre just to easy to install and cheap to not do it

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        A little cardio never hurt anyone.

And 50-60 lbs seems excessive for that much load. We put less than that hauling fourteen 7 foot round bales from limestone to cypress

I never wanted more than 25-30 lbs in any of them, but those were different rigs. And big tongue weight on lease roads, I could see where it would best on a 1/2 ton. Seems like the y’all skinny type bike pump would air them up a lot faster than 1lb per pump, but that has been a few years. Either way, he’ll love the versatility.

Supermom’s urban assault rig got new blades the other day...now she wants a roof rack...ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I never wanted more than 25-30 lbs in any of them, but those were different rigs. And big tongue weight on lease roads, I could see where it would best on a 1/2 ton. Seems like the y’all skinny type bike pump would air them up a lot faster than 1lb per pump, but that has been a few years. Either way, he’ll love the versatility.

Supermom’s urban assault rig got new blades the other day...now she wants a roof rack...ugh.

Nice. Looks like my rig! I like my prinsu rack. Went with 3/4 so I can use sun roof for spotlighting still [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
            I just bought my wife a Lexus GX460. Does anyone know how compatible the 4Runner lifts are with the Lexus?
            Join tx 4runners on FB. They'll help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

That looks good!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12 taco.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	24620537
                Just picked up this 2012 Double Cab.

Comment

Originally posted by DJames View Post
                  [ATTACH]1006572[/ATTACH]

Just picked up this 2012 Double Cab.
                  Nice. It looks tall. 3" or 6" lift?

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    Nice. It looks tall. 3" or 6" lift?

6" Pro Comp lift on 325/65 18's. I'm going to swap to a skinnier tire, it gets some rub at full lock. Overall clearance is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJames View Post
                      6" Pro Comp lift on 325/65 18's. I'm going to swap to a skinnier tire, it gets some rub at full lock. Overall clearance is good.
                      Nice. I love those tall ones.

When mines paid off its getting a supercharger and a 6".

Comment

So I have decided to buy a 4Runner instead of getting a Tacoma . Question for those sporting the 4runners. Were you folks able to get much of sticker price?? Any factory options that you wish you had gotten or not gotten?? Would prefer to get a gently used one but will go new if I am basically having to pay the same price.

Any body in the San Antonio area that can recommend the better Toyota dealer there?
                        I was looking at a used one here in Del Rio but the sales peeps are terrible... Any and all recommendations on dealerships even as far as the DFW and Houston areas are welcomed...

Comment

Still running my 2006 DC, have a new truck saving account but not sure what I'll buy next.

Just got some new tires on it too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            So I have decided to buy a 4Runner instead of getting a Tacoma . Question for those sporting the 4runners. Were you folks able to get much of sticker price?? Any factory options that you wish you had gotten or not gotten?? Would prefer to get a gently used one but will go new if I am basically having to pay the same price.

Any body in the San Antonio area that can recommend the better Toyota dealer there?
                            I was looking at a used one here in Del Rio but the sales peeps are terrible... Any and all recommendations on dealerships even as far as the DFW and Houston areas are welcomed...
                            They are really hard to find deals on. Maybe a little easier with the economy right now.

We got a screaming deal on ours because we bought it barely used at a friends dealership. He was having trouble selling it because the rebates on the new ones made them cheaper than the used ones at the time.

Got our 2016 TRD with 12k miles, icon suspension, and other goodies for 30k out the door in 2017.

If you are patient and look you can find deals, but you have to be ready to drive and buy that day!

Good luck.

Comment

Got mine shined up today. Dang one of my roof, vent, channel, molding, plastic strip things has dissapeared! Going to see if I can find another one!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                Got mine shined up today. Dang one of my roof, vent, channel, molding, plastic strip things has dissapeared! Going to see if I can find another one!

Prinsu?

Comment

Working...
                                X