X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+3 in Tilden, TX on corn/protein mix

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
      Couple questions. Are yall actually able to get rid of them for a while or do two show up for every one that dies? Just got a dozen traps but no desire for the extra work if it doesn't make an actual difference. Will I burn more in gas and 22 ammo than I'll save in corn?

Can I attach my traps to trees and just leave them between settings without them getting messed up?
      I have been trapping them for 3 years now on our place and I think think the body count is at 74 and each year the number has gone down. I did install eliminator plates on all feeders as well but our corn consumption and feeder issues both have dropped off.

Empty feeders and feeder problems is why I started doing it but now I like catching the little thievin' $!%&*#!. Not only does it add a little something to my experience, i had always wanted a lever action .22 magnum and this was just the excuse I needed. I call it a win/win/win.

Comment

398 one with the Jeep in the way and then this one, nothing in traps the last 2 nights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

399, still nothing in the traps but shot another one.

Comment

Shot one with the thermal
            Two more in traps that accidentally were left set from last weekend
            None in any of my sets this weekend (only one night)

My subtotal is now 16 for the season

Comment

404 both in a trap and both daughters smoked them with there ARs 556 3 and 9 years old.

Comment

Do yall move up on bait? Traps have stopped catching but still a few hold outs on camera. Thinking of mushing some sardines down in the traps. Been using dog and cat food.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                  Do yall move up on bait? Traps have stopped catching but still a few hold outs on camera. Thinking of mushing some sardines down in the traps. Been using dog and cat food.

Set four and killed 3 last time at the lease, Used moonpie and a couple pieces of corn.

Comment

408. Another on dukes and cat food
                    Attached Files

Comment

+7

Well got 5 on protein pellets and some sweet smell in life I got from Amazon
                      2 more on marshmallows

23 for my sub

Comment

I’ve trapped 29 in the dukes this off season at our lease in San Angelo. Just catchin this thread. Keep hammering

Comment

Also wondering how many of y’all just end up with chewed off paws in yalls duke traps? I think I’ve had at least 4-5 of them. Dang coons just knawed their arm smooth off. Guess one less paw to scoop protein [emoji2373]

Comment

Trapped and killed 5 this past weekend using dukes and cat food

Comment

Caught 3 in town on a trapping job. and 1 nasty opossum. They are so ugly.
                              Dukes and Z traps. These people have like 20 some cats so have to deal with that, using more marshmallows for these.

Comment

2 More today, youngens'. Caught them with dogproof and grabbed them by the scruff of the neck and put them in livetraps for my buddy.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X