• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

376 - Dukes trap and protein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot 2 with the pellet gun raiding my bird feeder . One died under the deck...bad!

Also, that guy asking about live traps. Caught one last night apparently in a live trap, Door was bent up, coon crap in the trap and he was gone. Tough buggers.

Comment

Boys and I killed 8 last weekend with Dukes and marshmallows.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Caught another one on my back deck, that's 4 out there in the last couple weeks.
                They can't stay away from the bird feeder, must be the sunflower seeds.

Comment

Finally Popped a couple a few weeks back at my garbage can one morning when pulling out to go to work. Keep it on the down low, I live in the city limits of a small rural community. The left wingers would have a crap if they new.....cC

Comment

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

392 and 393 this am. Along with a opossum

Comment

Couple questions. Are yall actually able to get rid of them for a while or do two show up for every one that dies? Just got a dozen traps but no desire for the extra work if it doesn't make an actual difference. Will I burn more in gas and 22 ammo than I'll save in corn?

Can I attach my traps to trees and just leave them between settings without them getting messed up?
                        Last edited by toledo; 05-03-2020, 09:27 PM.

Comment

2020 Coon Carnage Count Thread

[quote=toledo;14848546]Couple questions. Are yall actually able to get rid of them for a while or do two show up for every one that dies?

We have killed 378 since 5/2015 on 4100 acres. Instead of having 12-15 show up at the pens we have 1-3. I mean they are gonna make more if you don’t get em all but we have seen a huge reduction in numbers. Feeder repairs and episodes have definitely gone down. Only corn they eat is what is left over from deer.

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                          Just got a dozen traps but no desire for the extra work if it doesn't make an actual difference.
                          Probably should have asked that before you bought them.. 12 traps is a solid investment. You should knock them back though.

It’s sure not extra work for us. It’s **** fun. Those traps hunt while we eat, drink and sleep. Set them on work weekends and as we are topping off feeders. Check them in the mornings. Hunting while you sleep is just something we do that adds another dimension to the lease. They are hard on turkeys eggs so we have a little more motivation than just corn. Kids love it.

Will I burn more in gas and 22 ammo than I'll save in corn?
                          I live 5 hours away. The 34 traps have paid for themselves 10 fold in not showing up to empty feeders on a hunting weekend because coons have drained them ruining your whole weekend. .... and then there is the usually dynamite turkey populations it has helped bolster .

But if you are figuring the cost of 22 bullets in your budget I don’t know what to tell you about cost savings to corn in trying to decide whether you should do it or not, maybe it’s not for you. You’re already $140 plus in the hole with 12 traps I’d imagine. ...

Can I attach my traps to trees and just leave them between settings without them getting messed up?
                          You can but they are steel and will and do rust. Best to make them easy to remove with an ez link and pull them in. We put them out and bait them when filling feeders/water etc and check them Sat and Sun morning. They get pulled as we check them on Sun.
                          Last edited by Smart; 05-03-2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

We have about 50 traps and 2000 acres, we went from having 8-12 raccoons at our protein feeders to 1-3 (whenever we see 3 it's time to set the traps again). We set out double the amount of traps for the numbers of raccoons we see (aka 2 raccoons 4 traps) so we can hopefully catch all that we can the first night before they know what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do yall usually only catch one per spot? Set out 2-3 each at five different feeders that all have plenty of coons. Got one at each one. Assume they scare the others off?

Comment

I have 9 that just came in the mail, headed to the lease tonight to set them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X