• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my 21’ Flats Cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
      I like that layout. Who built it and what size is it?
      Sorry just saw your response. Thank you. Mine is a 17ft 6inch x 54 wide. A guy builds them on side at his house one at a time. gave me a great deal on it also. Name is Drew. Lives in La

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
        Yes that was me. Mine is #14. It's not practical for coastal hunting as the winter tides won't allow you near a shoreline. I can use it for rivers and lakes. Park it under a tree and it vanishes.

Ya we were wondering how it would do on the coast. My buddy has a slip across from pirates cove by the Big house that is built over the canal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
          Ya we were wondering how it would do on the coast. My buddy has a slip across from pirates cove by the Big house that is built over the canal.
          The only reason I took it was to just get it out there. We **** some birds but not as many as we like. I built it three seasons ago but have not had much of a chance to use it. We got hit hard by bith the tax day and Harvey floods. We got flooded so bad this last time we cut the house off of the slab, went up the hill and turned the house into pier and beam. We are 99 inches higher than the old slab. We still aren't home. It's been 5 years since I did any serious duck smashing. Next year I'm getting angry at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
            The only reason I took it was to just get it out there. We **** some birds but not as many as we like. I built it three seasons ago but have not had much of a chance to use it. We got hit hard by bith the tax day and Harvey floods. We got flooded so bad this last time we cut the house off of the slab, went up the hill and turned the house into pier and beam. We are 99 inches higher than the old slab. We still aren't home. It's been 5 years since I did any serious duck smashing. Next year I'm getting angry at them.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Man there's some nice rigs in this thread!

Not exactly a "duck boat" but it's the boat that gets me ducks.
                Old pic, there's an ETec 135 H.O. hanging on it now.

Last edited by justletmein; 01-30-2018, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Man there's some nice rigs in this thread!

Not exactly a "duck boat" but it's the boat that gets me ducks.
                  Old pic, there's an ETec 135 H.O. hanging on it now.

Dang what is this? Love the layout of it!!

Comment

Nice rig. I think my next boat will be a Boatright too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                      Dang what is this? Love the layout of it!!
                      Boatright, 1966 size.
                      Lemme see if I got more pics if so I'll post them.

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                      Nice rig. I think my next boat will be a Boatright too.
                      If you ever do, do yourself a favor and hang an ETec on it. OMG the difference...

Comment

Ehhh, don't really have any better pics of the layout handy. This is about all I got accessible from the computer at work.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                          He said "Duckboats" not Buck boats

Oh didn’t know you could only kill ducks out of your boat. I kill ducks, hogs, deer, fish, crawfish and frogs lol. I guess I need to sell it and get a real duck boat lol.

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post
                            Oh didn’t know you could only kill ducks out of your boat. I kill ducks, hogs, deer, fish, crawfish and frogs lol. I guess I need to sell it and get a real duck boat lol.
                            I'm still looking to drag a big fat gator up on mine. It's had ducks obviously, deer, Aoudad, tons of fish, didn't kill hog hunting with it but did transport hogs in coolers off the island.

I sure do love the pics of the pure duck hunting rigs though. I think they're gorgeous.

Comment

I'm still looking to drag a big fat gator up on mine. It's had ducks obviously, deer, Aoudad, tons of fish, didn't kill hog hunting with it but did transport hogs in coolers off the island.

I sure do love the pics of the pure duck hunting rigs though. I think they're gorgeous.

Yeah I was just joking of course. My boat is used primarily to transport me and gear as I prefer to hunt in waders or in a pirogue. It’s what works for me and the limits speak for themselves. To each their own. I get it if your hunting open water bays or shorelines. I’m not much on hunting divers but I shoot some that I select out to kill.

Comment

Ehhh, don't really have any better pics of the layout handy. This is about all I got accessible from the computer at work.

Man I really like the look and layout of this thing!! How much was yours when you got it? Thinking of one of these for the future!!

Comment

Working...
                                X