Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRS Retired Medical Insurance..it's changed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    I feel your pain BUT - insurance companies do not just randomly change their benefits or coverage. They are required to notify any changes in coverage. So maybe you guys missed that in open enrollment?
    So does that mean we should just "suck it up?" Come on Man!! Guess us Ole' Farts just missed out? Really, Really!!??

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
      So does that mean we should just "suck it up?" Come on Man!! Guess us Ole' Farts just missed out? Really, Really!!??
      No it means pay attention when open enrollment comes around - read the information they send you - don't get mad at me - I am just telling you that the benefits do not just "change" without TRS and the insurance company notifying you

Sorry you are in this position
      Last edited by Huntingfool; 02-11-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

My wife retired. Her deductible is 1500.

Comment

Yep when Medicare kicks in, and you go to the Dr because of all your aches and pains, your refused any pain meds because your "too old".

Comment

You can thank your friend Barrak. The next time you go to Costco just consider yourself donating to the Democrats.

Comment

I thought a couple days ago you said mama was loaded! Problem solved! :-)

To quote Bill, “I feel your pain.” The change is painful, but how many deductibles/visits do you anticipate she will have over the year? If she only hits the office a couple of times it will be a relatively small actual increase. Seems as if the plan changed. While there are plenty of “crooked politicians” out there, I’m not sure the plan change can be attributed to them.

Comment

Originally posted by coach51 View Post
                My wife retired. Her deductible is 1500.

Mine too, the deductible is 1500. After meeting the deductible it becomes an 80/20 plan and then once you reach total out of pocket of 5600 they pay 100%.

Comment

that sounds a whole lot better than what many of us are offered

Comment

That's why I carry my wife on my insurance. Teacher benefits sick. We can spend $712 billion a year on bombs and new jets we don't need but can't take care of our educators.

Gary

Comment

Is she 65? Couldn't she get Medicare?

Is everyone eligible for Medicare?

You are eligible for premium-free Part A if you are age 65 or older and you or your spouse worked and paid Medicare taxes for at least 10 years. You can get Part A at age 65 without having to pay premiums if: You are receiving retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board.

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                        Is she 65? Couldn't she get Medicare?

Is everyone eligible for Medicare?

You are eligible for premium-free Part A if you are age 65 or older and you or your spouse worked and paid Medicare taxes for at least 10 years. You can get Part A at age 65 without having to pay premiums if: You are receiving retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board.
                        Medicare part A is hospital only and is free at 65 years of age, this is the part you paid for all your working years, part B is for Doctors and you have to pay monthly for part B and then there is part C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Really unfair considering that insurance was part of the retirement she earned with years of being an educator.
                          This is what I was thinking. Total BS how they can change things after one retires.

Comment

I plan on working till I die so I don't have to worry about retirement...

Comment

Sorry to hear this issue came up with your wife's benefits. Just goes to show you that you can't believe any thing your told, so always prepare as if you will never get anything. Get ready, but all private/public owned companies and government agency are going away from any type of benefits for employees. All the politicians say these types of pensions and benefits are not sustainable, except for them of course. Soon jobs are going to be nothing, but an hourly wage or a salary, no benefits what so ever. Hell they don't even match our 401k at work anymore.

Comment

Dad retired from a school system. He was on AETNA now he is on Humana. It suks, I have been dealing with his medical stuff when he had a severe stroke back in July.

My wife is in her 31st yr as a teacher. I hope she knows what she is getting once she leaves. My insurance will be thru TMRS. Not much better and worse than TRS. Sad to m=work so many yrs and still get the shaft on retirement insurance.

Comment

Working...
                                X