• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Wow, Congrats!

Comment

Glad to see this thread Trey!!!

2023 has been good to us so far!!!

Talen’s Charolais Steer picked up some more hardware back in January as well as a showmanship check. We have him slicked now prepping for our county fair.

FWSSR was a success for his Beefmaster scramble heifer. Picked up a 5th place ribbon out of a class of 35.

Same heifer was 8th place out of 33 in San Antonio last week. She’ll show in the scramble show and jr show in Houston March 7th.

Then we’ll be right back to Houston with a Limousin/Red Cross Steer. He is a lil extreme power house. Hopefully we can get him branded.

His heifer from last year calved Jan 26th in a flash flood while standing in a drainage creek. Calf washed down the creek, thru a water gap, about 50 yards and beached on a sand bar. When Talen found her, her shoulders and head were the only thing out of the water. 4 days at the vet and she miraculously survived. We have high hopes for them showing as a cow calf pair this year.

We’ll wrap up the end of March with our county show… Shotgun & Archery contest along with a Goat, Steer, Heifer, Cow/calf pair and a set of commercial heifers.

We have a barn full of heifers and already have steers picked for next year.

Good luck to everyone in 2023!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Son got pulled today in SA with his medium weight Red X, ended up outta the sale at 9th. On a happier note, one of the kids in our Chapter won the Red X breed.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Just watched your daughter’s thank you speech. Wow. Impressive to say the least. Congratulations all around.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
              Just watched your daughter’s thank you speech. Wow. Impressive to say the least. Congratulations all around.
              Thank you so much, the kid can talk.

Here is a link to her whole speech.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIkxbqG5vCw"]San Antonio Livestock Show 2023 - Commercial Steer Speeches - YouTube[/ame]

She starts at about 1:02:30

SALE told us to watch their fb page because they were going to do something special. Never could have guessed what they were going to do.

Here is a link to that video for the archives.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                Thank you so much, the kid can talk.

Here is a link to her whole speech.

San Antonio Livestock Show 2023 - Commercial Steer Speeches - YouTube

She starts at about 1:02:30

SALE told us to watch their fb page because they were going to do something special. Never could have guessed what they were going to do.

Here is a link to that video for the archives.

https://www.facebook.com/SanAntonioS...31004407948716
                Thanks for sharing, I saw the facebook post but not the full speach until now.

Your daughter is so well spoken and obviously passionate about the industry.

Comment

Awsome X10. These are the kids we need running the next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    Thanks for sharing, I saw the facebook post but not the full speach until now.

Your daughter is so well spoken and obviously passionate about the industry.
                    Thank you brother.

Comment

It’s been a hell of a year.

Comment

Congrats!
                        I saw that on the D8 4-H page last night and was wondering when we would see the update

Comment

Staged up and ready to go tomorrow in Houston. No idea how well they’ll do, but dang sure proud of the boy.

He’s come a long way from just sitting on his butt in the house and he’s definitely found something he’s interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've been at Houston all week and haven't seen a TBH sticker yet.

But yall are here in full force

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great to see all these photos and proud of our future agricultural leaders. Kudos to all the young women and men.

Comment

Daughter ended up getting Reserve champion rabbits in our Lee County Show along with quite a few breeder awards. Was a great weekend. Would post a pic but not sure how

Comment

Working...
                                X