Livestock Show Season 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
    I agree hair adds another level, but I feel it prices kids out. Most kids that place at hair shows have walk in cooolers for their steers. Shave the hair and let the best animal win.
    I don't agree with that. There's never been a cooler in Hays County and I can show you a list of FW brands coming from here. Our county is hair-shown and I wouldn't have it any other way. Truth is on the county level, the advantage is to those who work their tail off, rather than just feed and rinse them off now and then.

Comment

I agree with the early morning and watching the barn come alive its like bow season all over again and watching the woods come alive. note i grew up showing and had 2 girls that showed all the way through high school. Still raise some goats as a hobby usually give a couple weathers away to local kids that cant afford to buy them some of my proudest moment's have been watching that little free goat and win a class at the county show. We are in McLennan county fairly large show 350+ goats on average

Comment

Congrats to Nathan. You got your kids rolling Trey and I know they work their butts off to earn it. See ya'll at the sale tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
          I wish everyone would go back to showing haired like Fort Worth. Doesn't have to be full fit. But hair would be nice. It just adds another level to raising them. I hate slicking steers that have awesome hair. It almost makes me cry. Good luck in SA.
          I hear ya. It’s tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
            I don't agree with that. There's never been a cooler in Hays County and I can show you a list of FW brands coming from here. Our county is hair-shown and I wouldn't have it any other way. Truth is on the county level, the advantage is to those who work their tail off, rather than just feed and rinse them off now and then.
            No cooler in Comal county. Working hair is a lot of work all summer, but it’s very rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by mchunter67 View Post
              I agree with the early morning and watching the barn come alive its like bow season all over again and watching the woods come alive. note i grew up showing and had 2 girls that showed all the way through high school. Still raise some goats as a hobby usually give a couple weathers away to local kids that cant afford to buy them some of my proudest moment's have been watching that little free goat and win a class at the county show. We are in McLennan county fairly large show 350+ goats on average
              Awesome thing you do for the youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                Truth is on the county level, the advantage is to those who work their tail off, rather than just feed and rinse them off now and then.
                This times 1000 for sure

Comment

County was good, gearing up for Angelo this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Perfect stock show weather this week in Fort Worth

I was planning on making the trip to watch my niece and nephew but I think I'll be sitting this one out! Safe travels for everyone in FW this week

Comment

We got here around 4. Roads were good from New Braunfels thankfully. Just waiting in line chattin w you guys. Lol.

Comment

We're here too. It was snowing when we pulled into the staging lot.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Trey, my buddy is nosing around the barns and said they already unloading in barn 3 and 4.

Comment

Typical for FW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We drove through 4 hours of snow/ice last year to get to San Angelo for the market goat show. Looks like we will do it again this year heading down for the wether doe show, which check in a day earlier than the market animals. Hopefully it warms up for long enough on Thursday afternoon to melt some off, we leave out early Friday morning. The combination of ice, hills, skinny roads, trailer, and 2wd pickup is not one I especially like.

Comment

Love seeing the pics. My son showed through high school and was part of the Show Team at SHSU. I sure miss those days of going to the majors. Lots of scholarship money to be had. Y'all keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X