Livestock Show Season 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Livestock Show Season 2023

We're about to kick it off, Boys!! Keep those updates coming.

Nathan has a red exotic that will show class 12 in Ft Worth. Millie's simi is for SA. County show is third week of Jan. We're ready!

Last weekend we did the Cougar Classic in New Braunfels. My proudest was showmanship. There were 35 seniors. Nathan was grand senior showman and Millie took reserve. The hours and hours and hours pays off. Nathan has won the showmanship buckle in his last three shows.

Nathan pulled a hat trick, winning the grand banner. Millie was second in a tough class. Awesome day.
    Last edited by Tex_Cattleman; 12-17-2022, 08:30 AM.

Awesome.
    Congrats to all!

My middle boy is raising Turkey at Bowie HS and will show at the TCYS.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
      Awesome.

Congrats to all!

Clark - if your son makes the Travis Co sale, please call and let me know. I founded the Lone Star Cattlemen Foundation. We'll have good $ at the auction. 512-203-5869 (Trey Powers).

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of counties have kicked off!

Any updates on your kiddos??

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
          Awesome.
          Congrats to all!

Clark - did he make it? I will be buying at the sale Friday.

Comment

Awesome! Both my kids will be showing at the San Patricio and Aransas County Show in a few weeks. I never did 4H/FFA growing up so the last few years have been a lot of learning!

Comment

2nd year in a row for my daughter to take Grand Champion at the county show. This years wether has taken several 1rst place finishes in jackpots and been in several grand drives. Headed to Ft Worth with it on Friday. Her uncle bought it at the county premium sale and she had her little nephew hold her banner for her. She works very hard on her animals and showing, it is pretty much her life. She will be taking a breeding doe to San Angelo and then probably the wether to San Antonio as well, depending on how this weekend goes.

Comment

Headed to Fredericksburg tomorrow morning at 4 for the inaugural Grand stand Turkey show
                Trey, I’m glad our steers are lightweight for Ft Worth!! That red one is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                  Clark - did he make it? I will be buying at the sale Friday.
                  Yes he did!
                  My boys name is Clark Daniel III
                  His lot number is 93 and he’s in the market Turkey division with Bowie Austin FFA.

My wife is a Bowie booster club officer and will be there, too.
                  Thanks man, let us know if this is all the info you need.

Comment

[ATTACH]1116635[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1116636[/ATTACH]

Comment

We’ve been at it since Aug. Just 2 wethers in the barn this yr.
                      My kids have had their rears handed to them this year and they’ve hit a few 1st and 2nds.
                      We havent taken them out since early Dec. Bell County is in 2.5 wks.
                      Lookin fwd to a good yr for the kids.
                      Learned more this yr than ever before. Still dont know much but ready to get these kiddos in the ring

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to all of the kids A lot of life lessons learned in showing animals in shows

I sure miss those days with my boys WE started with chickens then sheep a hog and steers I have a grand son that's 5 hoping i can stay around long enough to see him show something

Comment

We are currently in line for the Fort Worth heifer show! ����*♂️

Going to be a long wait

Comment

Working...
                              X