Levi-Bowlife TV big deer Cactus Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levi-Bowlife TV big deer Cactus Jack

So I saw where he came down for the second year in a row and took a really nice buck on the CJ and posted to his instagram about his dream buck and the "lowfence" deer he had always dreamed of and of coarse on his post some guys posted that it is not low fence etc. and he fired back at them and I kinda summed it up that if Boone and Crockett, Pope & Young, and Texas Big game awards don't recognize it then it is likely not high fence...of which he quickly blocked and deleted my comment....the truth seems to hurt some folks and I could care less if you shoot a deer in a high fence or one that has had a tag but just call it what it is period don't try and make up some false claims about it just say it...I know that is most likely critical since most large sponsors wont allow TV shows to be filmed in high fences for obvious reasons as it is asking for trouble from activist groups but since now days we have to label deer as "pasture born" or whatever I am just tired of seeing people try and bend the rules for their narrative and it may just be me... regardless he shot a very nice buck scored 185" and it is a beautiful deer but just call it what it is !! Rant over good luck to everyone out their hunting and any harvest with a bow is a good one and well worth noting that!! Worth also noting he seems like a great guy hunts all over the country and I enjoy watching the show and to his defense he may not truly know the facts of the ranch that it had DMP at one time etc. ...Moving on
    Last edited by ForEverlast; 12-02-2022, 06:18 AM. Reason: added to it

Their website states it is a low fence native whitetail deer ranch,is it not?

Sent from my moto g stylus (2022) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
      Their website states it is a low fence native whitetail deer ranch,is it not?

Sent from my moto g stylus (2022) using Tapatalk
      The way I understand it, it’s high fence except a mile or so on the highway. The ranch across from it is a large HF ranch.

Comment

I’m with you. Shoot what YOU want,where YOU want. But call it like it is.

Comment

Almost without exception, these "professional hunters" lose any sense of honesty and integrity in the name of money and sponsors. I hunt on a high fenced ranch, and I make no bones about it. I don't care what anyone else does either, just don't lie about it.

Comment

Hold the phone - I know Levi personally and I can vouch for his honesty and integrity.

The ranch billed themselves as low fence but not a P&Y / B&C. That does not mean Levi is being dishonest. He shot a low fence dream buck and instead of being jealous, we should be happy for him. He's shot lots of P&Y bucks.

Comment

Congrats to him. I have not seen the buck but sounds like a good one based on the score.

Comment

Wether it’s high fenced or not, I have seen videos of some deer on that place and it’s amazing. Wascom picked that ranch due to the high mineral content in the soil so the deer get optimum nutrition. Guy likes to grow large native deer. Congrats to the hunter

Comment

There is a video out there where Jerry explains this ranch and how he purchased it, to the point of having the owner sign paperwork. Look it up and listen for yourself. I don't care if you are high fence or not, but Jerry is doing it right. His ranch is not 100% High Fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    Hold the phone - I know Levi personally and I can vouch for his honesty and integrity.

The ranch billed themselves as low fence but not a P&Y / B&C. That does not mean Levi is being dishonest. He shot a low fence dream buck and instead of being jealous, we should be happy for him. He's shot lots of P&Y bucks.
                    Just to clarify, Levi shot the 185" buck out of the low fence section of the property?

I had always assumed that place was only partially high fenced from others speaking of the place.

None the less, that is a stud deer!

Rwc

Comment

Intellectually dishonest........he knows what he is pulling.......

Comment

I could have this ranch confused with another, but from what I was told is that yes it is in fact considered low fence, but with a kicker. Three sides high fenced with a mile or so low. The portion that is low fenced they are selling gravel / crush rock along the highway so there is lots of activity with little deer movement. My apologies if I have this confused with another property.

And I have nothing against HF since I am hunting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

Never said he was being dishonest but why take my post down if there was nothing wrong with the answer I gave? Might there be an issue or just open it up for discussion...again he seems like an awesome guy and hunter I enjoy the show but just call it what it is and quit making it out to be something it is not it is a heck of a deer regardless...approx. 20 deer entered in the CJ contest I mean the Los Cazadores contest last year over 170 leads one to suspicion on 4800 acres and I realize a feed lot type situation is in place with high deer density and unlimited feed therefore the high price for a 185" 21K per their web site but calling that a low fence is a stretch given that a small highway portion is low but he entire fenceline around and across the highway are high just leads one to believe that b&C, P&Y, and Texas big game awards have good reason for not honoring the harvest on the property??? The bordering neighbor not George Strait knows this ranch very well and is a friend and he is not growing that many deer that big on bigger acreage so same soil type etc oh and not jealous at all and happy for him ......
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ForEverlast View Post
                            So I saw where he came down for the second year in a row and took a really nice buck on the CJ and posted to his instagram about his dream buck and the "lowfence" deer he had always dreamed of and of coarse on his post some guys posted that it is not low fence etc. and he fired back at them and I kinda summed it up that if Boone and Crockett, Pope & Young, and Texas Big game awards don't recognize it then it is likely not high fence...of which he quickly blocked and deleted my comment....the truth seems to hurt some folks and I could care less if you shoot a deer in a high fence or one that has had a tag but just call it what it is period don't try and make up some false claims about it just say it...I know that is most likely critical since most large sponsors wont allow TV shows to be filmed in high fences for obvious reasons as it is asking for trouble from activist groups but since now days we have to label deer as "pasture born" or whatever I am just tired of seeing people try and bend the rules for their narrative and it may just be me... regardless he shot a very nice buck scored 185" and it is a beautiful deer but just call it what it is !! Rant over good luck to everyone out their hunting and any harvest with a bow is a good one and well worth noting that!! Worth also noting he seems like a great guy hunts all over the country and I enjoy watching the show and to his defense he may not truly know the facts of the ranch that it had DMP at one time etc. ...Moving on

a pic of the giant if you guys have not seen it...
                            Attached Files

Comment

He either has his head in the sand or purposely misleading people. Does anyone have a map of the fenced portions?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by ElfEyes; 12-02-2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X