world cup soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
    If they can pull out the W over Iran, then they advance, which is a big deal for soccer advancement in the US.

Did you see where Iran has threatened terrorism at the games. Can you imagine the USA smashing them? No telling what would happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clayree View Post
      They lost me the second that soccer wanted to change their logo to honor LGBTQ+.

Since when does where someone want to place their Johnson or tongue apply to a national team?? Total political BS. I will never watch it again.
      The coach for the U S also wore a shirt in the first game that said states. Not United States. That was the end of my giving a krap if they got their faces pushed in by some third world country.

The World Cup is a great opportunity to bring the USA together but the shirt worn by US Soccer coach Gregg Berhalter represents the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
        Growing up, the guys that hated soccer couldn’t last a game because they played football and thought they were in shape
        Actually kids that suck at baseball, football and basketball play soccer. That's why we suck. Our best athletes play real sports.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Actually kids that suck at baseball, football and basketball play soccer. That's why we suck. Our best athletes play real sports.

Bob laying out the truth...even when it hurts.

But Soccer is a real sport - it just doesn't get the best athletes that go to the big 3 sports.

In any event, I hope we beat I-RAN!
          Last edited by LukeDuke; 11-29-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
            Bob laying out the truth...even when it hurts.

But Soccer is a real sport - it just doesn't get the best athletes that go to the big 3 sports.

In any event, I hope we beat I-RAN!
            Yes.

Go USA.

Comment

Every US soccer play was standing / hand over heart for the National anthem.

Hard to believe and refreshing!

Comment

Yep, it would be interesting to see if the U.S. brought their best athletes trained as life-long soccer players, but soccer is gaining steam here with MLS and college programs on the rise.

Politics aside these guys have represented well on the field and in the press. Hoping they stomp Iran in the dirt today. USA USA USA

Comment

Not enough time to grow a MAN BUN as a BONAfide supporter

Comment

Goal by USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pulisic sacrificed his testicles for America right there! Ouch

Comment

I can't watch soccer very often because of the flopping, but I can get behind a national team for some world cup against terrorists.

The women's team can go to hell.

Qatar can go to hell. They built the entire infrastructure for the WC literally, with slave labor.

Most people who hate soccer don't understand it, and their only crutch is "iTs Tooo slOw"...
                        Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-29-2022, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

The most popular sport in the world but it has the the weakest players? Not a chance.
                          Those guys are the elite of sports, other sports players couldn't last 45' on the pitch. 6-10mi per game.

Yes the flopping is bad, but they are just gaming the system. Don't tell me football players do fake injuries to stop momentum or exaggerate pass interference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I can't watch soccer very often because of the flopping, but I can get behind a national team for some world cup against terrorists.

Qatar can go to hell.

Most people who hate soccer don't understand it, and their only crutch is "iTs Tooo slOw"...
                            I still think soccer would be better if no offsides. If someone wanted to cherry pick you simply have to cover him. Can you imagine football or basketball where the ball could not be thrown if the recipient had the audacity to outrun the defender? Heaven forbid more goals would be scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Qatar can go to hell. They built the entire infrastructure for the WC literally, with slave labor.

I saw a report that 4-500 laborers we're killed during the construction.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                                The most popular sport in the world but it has the the weakest players? Not a chance.
                                Those guys are the elite of sports, other sports players couldn't last 45' on the pitch. 6-10mi per game.

Yes the flopping is bad, but they are just gaming the system. Don't tell me football players do fake injuries to stop momentum or exaggerate pass interference.
                                I think he is right on concerning the US. That was his point. To quote Lewis Grizzard, “Soccer is for the kids too wormy to play football.” :-). Elite soccer players are in great cardio condition. No doubt. I think there are a ton of NBA players, as well as WR/DB/RB who would be elite soccer players if they played/focused on the sport. I don’t think many soccer players would be in the NBA or NFL if they had focused on football/basketball. Kevin McHale and Bill Laimbeer (sp) would have been great goalies. :-). We know Hakeem Olajuwon was a great goalie—he just didn’t wine as much as McHale and Laimbeer.
                                Last edited by RR 314; 11-29-2022, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X