• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    3/4 of the age comes from pat

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I'm going too snore my azz of in a couple weeks just for you

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well boys I'm gonna plant 10 acres of BFO in the morning with aton of fertilizer. I hope that rain comes soon

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

You need to come by and get some of my beans Pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

I've already packed ear plugs sport. Between that and all the fish Ima catch, I'll sleep through the boat sinking

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bucks are moving good now. 3 new bucks this week. An 11pt I want finally showed back up. Won’t score worth much but I’d bet he’s 200# on the hoof. New 8 is close behind him weight wise. They are 1 and 2 on my etx list. Just need some daylight pics now.

Comment

Still nothing but a couple hogs and two resident doe on our little 200(ish) acre patch in Trinity County. This is an odd year for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a rub or scrap anywhere close to last years. Bucks still hugged up in bachelor groups…

Ready for for some shorter days!

Comment

[QUOTE=
                  On another note, has anyone else seen the big one killed around Vidor this weekend? I saw a picture on someone elses phone but don't have one to share. 16 scorable and gross over 170[/QUOTE]

No, but I'd really like to if you can get a picture of it.

Comment

I found about 10 scrapes and almost as many rubs this afternoon along a border of a yaupon thicket. I walked the same area last Saturday and there was nothing. All of the scrapes were worked in the past day or two. I set a camera on the best looking scrape. It may be a dink but I have a feeling it's a good one.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Made my first two sits of the year this weekend.

Had a 4 year old ten on a doe this morning, he was like a duck on a junebug. Wouldn’t allow her out of his sight, all without exposing himself anymore that he could.

That is typically something you see from the youngsters this time of year, not a more mature buck.

Seeing the same activity on cameras, mature bucks finding one specific doe that must be getting close and locking down.

Also your typical pre-rut cruising has started. The next 2-3 weeks are my favorite time of the year to be in the SE Texas Pineywoods!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        Made my first two sits of the year this weekend.

Had a 4 year old ten on a doe this morning, he was like a duck on a junebug. Wouldn’t allow her out of his sight, all without exposing himself anymore that he could.

That is typically something you see from the youngsters this time of year, not a more mature buck.

Seeing the same activity on cameras, mature bucks finding one specific doe that must be getting close and locking down.

Also your typical pre-rut cruising has started. The next 2-3 weeks are my favorite time of the year to be in the SE Texas Pineywoods!
                        This is interesting.

I am starting to see less bucks on feeder camera all together and when bucks do show up, they are not in groups last few days.

I am hoping to be sitting in a tree all next week.

J

Comment

Did a little project with my grandsons this past weekend. Since I was not able to head south, I decided to mow an area that I've had a feeder set up behind my house since we moved in back in '15... Got the mowing done, got the feeder going again, and within 4 hours, had 2 does under the feeder... Right after dark, a nice shooter (for the grandsons) 9 point cam strolling in like it was his every-day stop... For some reason, had zero hogs behind the house this year so the deer have moved back in very nicely...
                          My only problem is, I have a neighbor on the back side of my property's north fence that is a genuine East Texas brown is down guy and his wife is the same way... 3 or 4 years ago, I had to make a conscious decision not to get all twisted off and just accept the fact that the deer I'd been feeding were likely to end up in THEIR DEEP FREEZER!! I've not caught them doing anything illegal, but they sure like to brag about the deer they shoot out the window of their house... Oh well, it is what it is... They do not bowhunt... yet, so maybe I can get one of my grandsons on that 3 year old 9 with the crossbow in the next couple weeks...

Comment

I’ve had this one on camera behind my house in northern Nacogdoches county. I would like for my daughter to get a shot at him, but the neighbors will probably kill him like the nice buck I had on camera last year. I’m kind of surprised they didn’t kill this one last year too.

Last edited by retrieverman; 10-10-2022, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I’ve got a group of 3 - 4 2.5 - 3.5 year old bucks evidently keeping everything away from one of my feeders, then 5 does coming around a second feeder (occasionally the does will go to the other feeder in the middle of the day when the bucks aren’t there). That’s it. That’s all I’ve got. 2 weeks in to the season and worried this one may be a bust. LOL
                              Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-10-2022, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                                Well I got it done this morning. Sometimes a blind hog does find an acorn. I had an epic hunt this morning on one of the most beautiful opening mornings I can remember. I woke up at 3:45 am to a thermometer reading 48 degrees at camp. I had to wake up early so I could get on my stand extra early as the last few days deer had been showing up well before daylight and I didn’t want to spook them. I parked my four wheeler right at a half mile away from my stand and started walking in. About that time my cell cam alerts me that a buck is at my feeder. I try to time it so he leaves before I get there, but I also worried more would show up. I decide to sneak on in. I was in and settled at 4:55 am. I spent the next hour seeing a doe and a hog on camera in front of me, but it was so dark I saw nothing. Finally as dawn approached I had a young doe come in to my feed pen and a minute later a mature doe came from my left and walked about 3 yards in front of my stand. At 7:15 a squirrel hunter drove down the road about 800 yards away and spooked the two does. Shortly after, the woods erupted in 22 caliber shots. It sounded like WWIII. I was getting pretty low on my expectations for the day. At 7:50 a small 8pt came in directly from behind my feed pen but never went in. He kept looking to my right and behind me. After about 5 minutes 3 more small bucks come from that direction at 15 yards. One pushes the first buck off and then something big runs in wide open and chases all the bucks back down to my right. About that time this buck comes in from the left and follows the others off. Ten minutes goes by and three of the smaller bucks head back in. I can tell they are not going to my pen but back behind me to my right. I look up and this buck is behind them. I quickly range a big pine at 30 yards. I can tell he is going to walk right past it but he is facing me. Finally he starts to turn and I draw back but another buck gets in front of him. I hold for a good two minutes. Finally the other buck moves but this one is now blocked by a tree. At 8:16 he makes a step or two forward and I decided to thread the needle. I made a good hit and had complete pass through. He turned and ran 50 yards or so and stopped and stood for what seemed like forever then stumbled and fell over.

[ATTACH]1104118[/ATTACH]
                                I know I’m a week late, but congratulations Kris!

Awesome buck and awesome story!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X