Sitka gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitka gear

School me in Sitka gear!?!? Worth the money?? Only had 1 buddy ever wear it and he swore by it. Can I get lighter weight stuff and layer under it and be good for most Texas hunting? I mostly spot and stalk hunt a lot and already have some camo if I’m gonna sit in a feed when it’s cold or in a box stand if crazy cold. There’s 197 different pant and jacket options from Sitka so someone help me lol

I just got into the Sitka game at the end of last year for waterfowl so I can’t speak to their whitetail line but I bought the Duckoven jacket and it opened my eyes. Expensive? Yes, but that jacket is exactly what the name implies. I’ve never been warmer. Have seen replaced some of my drake gear for Sitka and will continue to do so. Worth every penny

Comment

Buy once, cry once. People who talk down about it have never used the gear. It’s designed to be used in a system so one piece isn’t working to its full potential without the other parts. I justify the price like this, we spends 10s of thousands a year on hunting, if you can’t sit still in the stand because you are cold and that deer you have so much time/money bust you because you are cold and can’t sit still.... that $300 jacket was mighty cheap compared to missing out on the opportunity you have waited all year on. If you are sitting in a box stand with a heater, it’s probably not for you. Technical hunting and or hunts where you are exposed to the weather, it’s worth every penny.

Comment

It’s top of the line stuff no two ways about it. Very well thought out for hunters. And yes, it’s pricey, but I look at it as an investment that’ll last me many many years because I take good care of my stuff. I also found a lot of it on sale after season...

For TX, you shouldn’t need anything heavier than the Stratus (midweight) Jacket and Pants. They have a nice early season whitetail combo too that may work better for you if you stalk. I hunt Kansas so I also have the Fanatic jacket and it’s like wearing an oven, but that’s needed sometimes up there. Go try on some of it at a Bass Pro or Cabelas and see what you think. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
          It’s top of the line stuff no two ways about it. Very well thought out for hunters. And yes, it’s pricey, but I look at it as an investment that’ll last me many many years because I take good care of my stuff. I also found a lot of it on sale after season...

For TX, you shouldn’t need anything heavier than the Stratus (midweight) Jacket and Pants. They have a nice early season whitetail combo too that may work better for you if you stalk. I hunt Kansas so I also have the Fanatic jacket and it’s like wearing an oven, but that’s needed sometimes up there. Go try on some of it at a Bass Pro or Cabelas and see what you think. Good luck
          X2!!!

I also use the Stratus system for Tx and Fanatic system for Kansas.
          Best cold weather gear I’ve ever owned!

Comment

thanks fellas, always the best input from the green screen. i will be trying some on to get sizing down for sure cause ive heard sizing runs a tad bit small, but i may be wrong on that also.

Comment

I have Sitka and Kuiu and have comfortably hunted Texas, Colorado and Kansas with it. It’s fantastic gear and lasts a long time if you take care of it.

Comment

It’s expensive, but Once you wear a few pieces you’ll understand. Build up the pieces over time, look for used gear, etc. but yeah, it’s not just hype.

Comment

Good advice, Thanks guys

Comment

Have an open country system and a timber system w/ delta wading jacket. It’s so well built I know all pieces will last me a decade maybe longer. Cuts the wind out like no other gear I’ve used.

Comment

great gear. its expensive but most everything that's worth it is.. try on before you buy online

Comment

Great gear! Get the pants that have the knee pads in them, it makes a world of difference when you are stalking and have to be on your knees for extended periods of time.

Comment

I am a believer in Sitka. I have the Kelvin Jacket and Kelvin Vest, both are Primaloft filled. Don't use it a whole lot in Texas but have used it extensively in Alaska. I believe they make these in water resistant down now but I stuck with the Primaloft. When it rains, I put on a rain jacket but invariably you will get the jacket wet especially in Ak. It still retains its warming ability even when somewhat wet. I have never had it drenched but fairly wet and it still worked very well. Also dries fairly easily in the backcountry and very fast if you have a cabin available.

I have found it to be true to size. Layering works very well. Even in temps in the mid 20's, I am comfortable wearing merino wool baselayer, wool sweater and the Kelvin jacket.

Comment

100% worth every penny of it. If you are law enforcement or public gov employee there are places where you can get %40 off.

I found all of mine after season. 40-%50 off and it does not hurt near as bad.

Comment

I have had the same set, pants, shirt, vest and jacket for 6 years and it is still in great shape. If you can afford it, go for it. You will thank yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X