Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desert Bighorn Sheep-Doc’s shot at Carmen Island!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
    Polar Bear is back on?! Man, I’ve been following this Slam quest for as long as I can remember!
    It never really left I just couldn’t decide what to do since I couldn’t bring it home. I have heard it’s a cool experience and what the hell, you only live once. Plus, I’m getting close to the end.

Comment

We took the truck to the west side of the island to meet the boat. Apparently this was closer to the better fishing and a quicker run to town for our tests.

We saw some feeding fish but only managed to catch one little trigger fish. Oh well, it was fun being on the boat and seeing the sights. Next it was off to Loreto for my first and hopefully only Covid test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The lab in Mexico was nice enough. Maybe not like home but it would do.

Us two doctors were very excited about being patients!

I could not wait for my swab!!!!!

That thing sucks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

As for my future plans, I have some normal stuff coming up. Axis and turkeys in May, floating the gunnison gorge in early June, and the south padre the end of June/first of July. After that it’s back to trying to finish off my North American critters.

October 2021 Shiras Moose

September 2022 Rocky Mountain Bighorn(Alberta)

April 2023 Polar Bear

Awesome trip report. it's rare to combine amarillo and desert bighorn sheep in a single report. Congrats.

how are you hunting polar bear? didn't think that was even an option.

Comment

We made it back in time to go do some exploring. We looked at the old restored church and spent a few moments there. It was night to have some quiet time in a church and give thanks and remember some very important people and times in life.

With that part done I could pour some tequila and TopoChico!

Comment

Very Nice Doc!! Can't wait for the story.

Comment

We made it out to the salt flats. The island was a site for sea salt production. We used the sea salt for our food while we were there and even brought some home.

Pretty wild place!

Comment

Dinner our last night was surf and turf. Locally caught sea bass and my own sheep blackstrap. Forgot to mention that for lunch that day we had sheep tacos. They had backstrap, tongue and shredded hams. They were fabulous!!!! I forgot to get a picture.

Comment

Departure Day! All good things must end!!!

Yesterday we started the journey home. We did have half a day at the beach and i had another cigar and some tequila while Elise had one last run.

With that we said good bye to Carmen Island! Perhaps one of the very best hunting trips and vacations I have ever been on. It’s crazy expensive but for the amount of joy I had with my wife it was worth every last penny!!!

She is absolutely nuts and I can’t imagine this world without my little Tasmanian devil as a hunting partner. That’s my wrap up and I’m home now. Surely it makes sense why I wanted to stay off my phone and the internet for a few days and just enjoy. I’m a very lucky guy and I can’t wait for the next adventure!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
                      Awesome trip report. it's rare to combine amarillo and desert bighorn sheep in a single report. Congrats.

how are you hunting polar bear? didn't think that was even an option.
                      Polar bear hunting has never closed in Nunavut. The locals are still issued tags and they can either use them or sell them to outsiders as hunts. Our government decided that US citizens could not bring them hole. But, you can legally go hunt them. The most recent counts have their numbers higher than in many years. It’s like any other animal, give them value and they will be protected. Take away value and they will be poached to oblivion.

Comment

Great thread as always Doc. Congrats on your hunting success.

Comment

Great read Doc! Always enjoy and nice to see you guys get out and travel and have a great time in these crazy times of being shut down!

Comment

Awesome hunt/thread! Living vicariously.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Enjoyed the read and congrats Doc.

Comment

Working...
                                X