• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackaholic1 View Post
    Texas lawshield is what have
    X2

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
      What are the cost of the TLS and Carryguard?
      TLS, with the options I selected, is ~$460 a year. That included $40 one time setup fee for me and the wife. Options were, U.S. coverage for both, Hunter Shield for me and bail for both. TLS has no cap on defense cost and you use an in network attorney.

NRA Guard has 4 different levels of civil and defense reimbursement coverage. Gold Plus was ~$550 annually for $1.5 mil civil and $250K defense. 20% of defense $$$ can be used for time off of work/home cleanup after a shooting/mental help/etc... you pick your own attorney and pay him then get reimbursed.

I don’t have enough cash to pay upfront for a lengthy trial so I’m going with TLS.

Comment

From what I've researched, USCCA!

Comment

None. I'll get Chew to represent me.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
            From what I've researched, USCCA!
            Why?

What's better about it than the others?

Comment

Wife and I went with TLS. Haven't used and never want to. I liked it because they represent you in anything self defense related not just fire arms. You stab a guy with a pencil, you're covered by them. The other's may do that at as well I don't know. And like you said I don't have a ton of money to pay for legal help up front and wait for reimbursement

Comment

I've been googling around on TLS and I keep seeing that they are in Class Action suits and are being called a scam.. Thats just what I read today not sure how accurate it all is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
                  I've been googling around on TLS and I keep seeing that they are in Class Action suits and are being called a scam.. Thats just what I read today not sure how accurate it all is.
                  What insurance isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
                    What insurance isn't?
                    true

Comment

Does anyone know someone that has personally had to actually use TLS or any other carry insurance?

Comment

Wife and I have TLS.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                          Does anyone know someone that has personally had to actually use TLS or any other carry insurance?
                          Does anyone personally know someone who has shot another person? Not talking about Leo or military?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                            Good question. The real test of any insurance is when you have to use it.

Comment

This is an old thread, but I think it would be a good idea to get carry insurance, especially with the election results coming soon. I work all over the country, will Texas Law Shield cover me while I am working outside of Texas? What about my wife and college aged boys?

Comment

Yes to law shield covering outside Tx and your wife but maybe additional cost.
                                Unsure of your kids. My kids are covered, additional cost, but they are under 18.
                                Last edited by awry; 11-05-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X