Advice to younger hunters - what to not do when you get older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice to younger hunters - what to not do when you get older

I'll be 50 in about a month and today I learned something about growing older that I thought I would pass on to younger hunters. Don't eat a lot of fried foods, fried okra, corn on the cob and drink whiskey the night before a hunt.

Those bubble guts will test your grip early in the hunt! It was never a problem in my 20-40s but dang did it get my attention today.

No I didn't shat myself, but I was shaking starting at 730 today. That duck walk to try to get away from the stand had me sweating. Had to stop ever 10-15 yards to catch my breath and make sure my grip wasn't slipping. One more min in the stand would have been too long.

Anyone have any advice for those of us who used to make fun of people like this? I now take it all back!

Eat the Keto diet and most of those kind of "gut" problems go away.

Comment

From the thread title I was expecting some deep, wisdom-enriched advice, and I was not disappointed haha

Glad you made it out ok

Comment

Lol, good stuff right here!

Comment

I hear that. Friday night I had frito pie and a bunch of beer. Same position yesterday morning, midday, and evening.

Comment

Lost a few good socks that way

Comment

Happens every year for me.

Comment

Don't think eating chili or pinto beans won't have an adverse effect on scent control.

Comment

Lol, or combine those things with coffee on the way out in the am!

Comment

I hear ya I am missing a few shirt tails hate to give up a sock

Comment

But did you dig a hole?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        But did you dig a hole?
                        Didn't even consider it and wouldn't have been able to if I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                          Happens every year for me.
                          Yup................

Comment

Always wear 2 pair of socks

Comment

While I am not a big believer in the “miracles” that natural supplements are touted to provide, here’s something you might try: Atrantil. It’s a digestive supplement that is supposed to target gas and bloating, but seems to work on a number of gastrointestinal distress issues. It’s worked for about 70% of the people to whom I’ve recommended it and it isn’t exorbitantly priced. Created by a GI doc in Austin, manufactured in Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                              X