I don’t know what to say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moose View Post
    It’s the property boundary, the pole is on their side of the fence. One other cool fact, we can see this pole from the front porch of our camp house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So as long as he’s not shooting over the fence... I know those situations can be aggravating, but is he really breaking a law? You say the pole is on their side

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
      It’s the property boundary, the pole is on their side of the fence. One other cool fact, we can see this pole from the front porch of our camp house.

Well then maybe it is a surveillance set up and they are working for one of the lease member's spouse to see if they really are at deer camp when they say they are

Comment

Like I said above, I’m assuming it’s not legal to climb a utility pole that you do not own. But obviously I’m not a lawyer nor a police officer....nor do I care if it’s legal or not. I’m simply amazed at the total disregard for safety and lack of cover. I was raised differently....I’ll just leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Well then maybe it is a surveillance set up and they are working for one of the lease member's spouse to see if they really are at deer camp when they say they are

[emoji23] Hey you might be on to something[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Its the power company's property for whatever dumbarse lacks the common sense to know that. And B, its common courtesy to not hunt fence lines in TX, established over the last couple decades. If you are unaware of #1 or disagree with the established precedent of #2, hike up your skinny jeans and go vote for Sleepy Joe Nov 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
              Its the power company's property for whatever dumbarse lacks the common sense to know that. And B, its common courtesy to not hunt fence lines in TX, established over the last couple decades. If you are unaware of #1 or disagree with the established precedent of #2, hike up your skinny jeans and go vote for Sleepy Joe Nov 3rd.
              Lol! **** that’s 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                When having electric or telephone installed to the middle of your ranch, do you have to buy your own poles before the electric or telephone companies will install lines? I hear some places you do buy your own and install, and have to meet utility specs. And some places the utility charges you per pole to have it done. What is it?
                Depends on the Power Companies line extension policy. The policy can be structured in numerous ways. It can also be changed. In today's world, it is more commonplace for the power company to charge the landowner a per foot charge for delivering power to a meter. This does not mean that the landowner owns the power line. It simply is a charge to cover the cost of labor and materials to get said powerline built to the meter. Once the line is in place the power company owns the asset and is responsible for the cost of service concerning the maintenance and reliability of the line. The power company should also have an easement on the line which gives them the right to ingress and egress.

Most of rural Texas is served by Electric Cooperatives. The Coops are owned and governed by it's memebers. There are still a few Coops in Texas where a new member line extension does not cost the member any out of pocket money up front (usually up to a certain footage). It is however not free. The cost of the new line is spread out across the entire membership in KWH rates.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The funniest thing to me is all of the cactus at the bottom. It would suck to fall.. as far as climbing a pole, who cares? It’s been done many times. Not all poles belong to a power company. I got my own business to worry about on my side of the fence to worry with someone else. It is a comical setup however

Comment

A wise man told me 35 years ago that "it doesn't matter if a group is hunting 50 acres or 5000 acres, somebody is going to hunt the fenceline". And, from what I seen, it's true in a lot of cases.

Comment

I figured the folks telling other folks how to use 100% of their property area would be the ones voting for Sleepy Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                        I figured the folks telling other folks how to use 100% of their property area would be the ones voting for Sleepy Joe.

Agree. You do you inside your fence. I’ll do me inside of mine.

I hung a security light on a co-op power pole on my place....am I a thief or a poacher?

Last edited by 175gr7.62; 10-26-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                          I’ve hunted power poles in a climber a bunch of times.

Me too. Usually in a highway median.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                            Agree. You do you inside your fence. I’ll do me inside of mine.

I hung a security light on a co-op power pole on my place....am I a thief or a poacher?

It seems everyone has 200” giants on their place and don’t want those fence hunters to be tempted to something illegal

Seems to me that if I’m hunting the fence in the wide open I’m likely to get busted and that 200” deer is going back where he came from and not jumping the fence. I’d think a whiney landowner would appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              It seems everyone has 200” giants on their place and don’t want those fence hunters to be tempted to something illegal

Seems to me that if I’m hunting the fence in the wide open I’m likely to get busted and that 200” deer is going back where he came from and not jumping the fence. I’d think a whiney landowner would appreciate that
                              Gotta be something. We have a neighbor on a timber company lease that has his feeder about 25 yards from the fence. You can drive down the road on our side and see it easily through the fence brush. There’s a heavily used path going from our place to the feeder (mostly by hogs I think) but i think the next time I’m down there I’ll get my climber on a tree and see what’s coming through. I mean is it ok to fence hunt a fence hunter?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                                Gotta be something. We have a neighbor on a timber company lease that has his feeder about 25 yards from the fence. You can drive down the road on our side and see it easily through the fence brush. There’s a heavily used path going from our place to the feeder (mostly by hogs I think) but i think the next time I’m down there I’ll get my climber on a tree and see what’s coming through. I mean is it ok to fence hunt a fence hunter?
                                It's your property, you can do whatever you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X