Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a nice buck. Congrats

Comment

Thank you all. We are dry and not many acorns so the deer have been hitting the feed but have seen a decline in daylight activity at feeders which seems to happen every year around this time. I would say antler growth has been above average. We had two 3.5 year olds really blow up. One being the one my wife shot. Left pictures are current year and right pictures are from last year.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by msodolak View Post
        Thank you all. We are dry and not many acorns so the deer have been hitting the feed but have seen a decline in daylight activity at feeders which seems to happen every year around this time. I would say antler growth has been above average. We had two 3.5 year olds really blow up. One being the one my wife shot. Left pictures are current year and right pictures are from last year.
        Good Lawd! Great deer.

Comment

All it takes is one, got my target buck this weekend

After getting skunked opening weekend and seeing no deer at all, the one and only deer I see this weekend was my target buck! All it takes is one I guess... It was my best bow kill to date. It was even more special to have my son experience it with me. Great memories! Although it was hell loading the buck, I probably could have used another adult
          Good luck everyone!
          (Mason County / low fence)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbuck View Post
            After getting skunked opening weekend and seeing no deer at all, the one and only deer I see this weekend was my target buck! All it takes is one I guess... It was my best bow kill to date. It was even more special to have my son experience it with me. Great memories! Although it was hell loading the buck, I probably could have used another adult
            Good luck everyone!
            Heck yeah! Awesome

Comment

Good luck everyone!
              Great Mason county low fence buck!!! It appears that area antler growth this year has been very good... CONGRATS..

Comment

Originally posted by msodolak View Post
                We hunt near London and Streeter. Wife shot a good one opening weekend at our place near London. Pulled cards this past weekend and all of our other target bucks have gone nocturnal.

Apodz I maybe able to help with some dogs, shoot me a text at 979-732-0385
                Congratulations to your wife! That's a great buck.

Comment

Good luck everyone!
                  You did yourself proud. Congratulations!

Comment

Great Buck, Congrats

Comment

Man these are some encouraging photos. I’m hoping it is a sign of things too come. I had a couple of really good chances on some culls this weekend but brain farted on one of them and the other turned and left about a half second before i squeezed the trigger. But all in all it was a much more eventful weekend with a few new good young bucks showing up.

Msodolak how wide was your wife’s buck? Those big frame deer are probably my fav.

Comment

That happens, that why they call it hunting!! We did get more daylight photos this past week of our target bucks so hope that a good sign.

It’s what 19 1/8th inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody have any luck in this cold this weekend. Any rut activity starting yet? I k ow its only been a week since i have been able to go but this time a year a week feels like a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
                            Anybody have any luck in this cold this weekend. Any rut activity starting yet? I k ow its only been a week since i have been able to go but this time a year a week feels like a month.

Lots of pics today from the cell cam. Deer where moving early in the afternoon after the temp swing but the bucks don’t seem to be separated yet on our place. Still primarily moving together.

Comment

Looks to be a little chilly in Menard today.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckcrusher View Post

Looks to be a little chilly in Menard today.

Friend of mine just showed me photos of their place in Eldorado and theirs 1/2in of ice on the ground (looks like from sleet)!

Comment

Working...
                                X