2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    I am WAY behind on our place in Houston County. Feeders aren't going and all of my cameras are on my place in Oklahoma. With me being so busy at work and selling and buying a house, nothing has been done up there. It will be a total surprise this year as I have no idea what my shooters look like. I probably won't be able to get up there until September. I kind of like the idea of not knowing this year. I do need to get some corn and sweet feed out soon though.
    Same situation happened to me last year with a new house, new baby and new business.
    Showed up Friday morning before the bow opener (first time there since March) filled the feeders and that’s it. Killed my best deer on the afternoon of opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      The woods are so green here you would not believe its August. Deer came out of winter fat and can hardly wobble now. They are eating corn but I don't know why. All my 3 year olds look like 5 year olds. Crazy. Goidhirn year in Houston co.
      Houston County always seems to produce. It'll just be a bit more of a surprise this year as to what's roaming around.

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post
      Same situation happened to me last year with a new house, new baby and new business.
      Showed up Friday morning before the bow opener (first time there since March) filled the feeders and that’s it. Killed my best deer on the afternoon of opening day.
      That's awesome. I hope it turns out to be a good season. I'm not used to being so unprepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Some big friggin deer y'all got! Goodness.

Here's one I will be after close to home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        That dude is WIDE!

That is also an interesting concept on a protein feeder. Have any other pics of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          Houston County always seems to produce. It'll just be a bit more of a surprise this year as to what's roaming around.

That's awesome. I hope it turns out to be a good season. I'm not used to being so unprepared.

That’s funny y’all say Houston county is looking good. We have been running cameras and these are the best deer we have gotten so far. In Houston county outside of Crockett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Is that one older buck the same deer you've been chasing for a few seasons now? For some reason I'm thinking your neighbor got the big one, but I can't remember.

This will be my 2nd year after this one, last year he slipped through my fingers a few times. The big one was 2 years ago.
            Neighbor got him 17 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Has he thrown g4s yet? Looks like he was thinking about it a couple weeks ago. I was comparing pics from a week ago to pics yesterday and I was amazed how much beams and tines grew. Stil a few days of growing left.
              He will be a straight up 8. I passed him 3 times last year as what I think was 22" inside. He had a busted off brow and about an inch off his right beam so I gave him a pass. Looking forward to another fun season down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                That dude is WIDE!

That is also an interesting concept on a protein feeder. Have any other pics of it?
                I was looking for a simple low profile gravity feeder and love it. Looks like Walmart has it.

Comment

We have a few good ones.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                    We have a few good ones

Couple of studs there

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                      We have a few good ones.

Dude your holding out

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm finally slowing down a bit, but my buggy is out of commission. Got it hauled to the mechanic last week, it will be sold as soon as I get it back, then I'll be looking for something else.
                        Headed to the lease for the first time since Feb/Mar time frame tomorrow to fill feeders, hang a new set I've been scouting the last few years, and trim some lanes up. Had to recruit my dad for his buggy, but he'll be happy to get out of the house. I left a camera out on the spot I'm hanging the new set last year, hopefully it will have pictures of some survivors worth seeing. I've been Fairly un motivated so far this year. Lost possibly a 170" clean 8 last year and it took the wind out of my sails, but these last couple weeks the fire has returned. I'm anxious to get back in the woods. Tomorrow's work will be good for the soul.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Dude your holding out

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                          Look whos talkin! Yall have some giants!

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                            I'm finally slowing down a bit, but my buggy is out of commission. Got it hauled to the mechanic last week, it will be sold as soon as I get it back, then I'll be looking for something else.
                            Headed to the lease for the first time since Feb/Mar time frame tomorrow to fill feeders, hang a new set I've been scouting the last few years, and trim some lanes up. Had to recruit my dad for his buggy, but he'll be happy to get out of the house. I left a camera out on the spot I'm hanging the new set last year, hopefully it will have pictures of some survivors worth seeing. I've been Fairly un motivated so far this year. Lost possibly a 170" clean 8 last year and it took the wind out of my sails, but these last couple weeks the fire has returned. I'm anxious to get back in the woods. Tomorrow's work will be good for the soul.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
                            I think that would take the wind out of anyone’s sails. That’s a heck of a buck

Comment

Man, there are some great looking deer out here! I just moved to Lindale/Mineola from the DFW area, and I'm pretty pumped about the upcoming season. I got this guy on camera a few days ago. He's grown a decent amount since last year.

Edit: I guess I can't post photos yet.
                              Last edited by EastTexasPaul; 08-02-2020, 10:31 PM. Reason: I guess I can't post photos yet.

Comment

Here are some pics from Anderson County. Nothing great so far but have some young ones with potential.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	I__00334.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	24625468Click image for larger version

Name:	I__00314.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24625469Click image for larger version

Name:	I__00194.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB