No announcement yet.

Music on a Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no idea that they made cell plans with limited data anymore.

Comment

I also use an S9+ and listen to music all the time. What I did was the following:

Download the app Audify Music Player onto your phone.
      Take all your CD's and download them to MP3 files on your computer.
      Connect your phone to your computer and download all those music files onto your phone.
      I have mine on the external mini-SD card I have for my phone.

It is as easy as that and when you want to add more music in the future just do the same thing. I keep a folder called "Music" on my computer and then have subfolders under that for each musician and album.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
        Man, I'm sure behind times. I still use a thing called a "radio" for music.
        That must suck

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
          I also use an S9+ and listen to music all the time. What I did was the following:

Connect your phone to your computer and download all those music files onto your phone.

It is as easy as that and when you want to add more music in the future just do the same thing. I keep a folder called "Music" on my computer and then have subfolders under that for each musician and album.
          This is what I did as well for my S9+

Having said that I made what I consider a big evolutionary leap in my life last week. I threw away ALL my DVD's and CD's. 3 full 100 page flipbooks of them. I'm all digital baby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
            are there truly still limited plans out there??
            Cricket is the Best service for the money, with Unlimited
            great reception, and overall better, I had Sprint, as well well AT&T, way back in the limited days , good Luck OP on your quest
            Yes, I still have an AT&T which works pretty well for me and the wife. I have looked into changing, but some of the areas I go, there is an uncertainty on reception. Since I virtually never go over and the price is right, we just have stuck with what we got. But thanks to all who gave some useful comments.

I have a number of cd's that I want on my phone and will probably store to the micro sd. But I will look into spotify as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              This is what I did as well for my S9+

Having said that I made what I consider a big evolutionary leap in my life last week. I threw away ALL my DVD's and CD's. 3 full 100 page flipbooks of them. I'm all digital baby!!!
              We did that with our CD's several years ago. I don't know how many we had but it was two of those tall floor stand racks with two sides to each rack. Before we got rid of them I downloaded them to an external hard drive. Now, when I want some new music to listen to I just go onto my hard drive and download some new songs onto my phone.

I also downloaded a bunch onto a jump drive that I plug into the USB slot in my truck. I listen to that more than I do Sirius XM unless I am listening to the news.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                Man, I'm sure behind times. I still use a thing called a "radio" for music.
                Me too!! I still think it is the best way to discover new music, catch some oldies that I haven't heard in a long time and forgot about, and the DJ's can be entertaining.

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post

That's good to know, thanks.

Comment

Pandora.....

Comment

OP, I have a limited data plan as well. I stream 100% of the time, except for podcasts that I download. I never go over 2 GB data in a month.

Spotify. Use the free subscription. Good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      OP, I have a limited data plan as well. I stream 100% of the time, except for podcasts that I download. I never go over 2 GB data in a month.

After I read this post I checked my data usage, too, because lately I've streamed a lot from Spotify. This is what I found, too. No changes in usage pre-Spotify to post Spotify.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Thanks, good to know. In the last few days, I have swapped the micro SD card in my phone. I have converted (ripped to the computer, and then synced to phone) about 10 old CD's .

I have put in a 128 g sd card and this is tons of storage. Plus I plan on sending a lot of my photos here as well.

But I will probably try Spotify as well.
                        Last edited by wickll; 05-08-2021, 06:48 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                        X