Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vietnam veteran denied compensation for wartime injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh...maybe have him say he identifies with fighting in muddy water or take a trip sotb, give up citizenship & sneak back across as an illegal. This country has gone fubar.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      I work with several fellas who get quite a bit of compensation from their 4 years in the service. One get 100% and he is a power lifter fireman.
      Old school guys may be forgotten but the one in the last 15-20 year ain’t.
      First, many folk straight out lie.

Second, If he ain’t missing a head, leg and two arms he most likely isn’t RATED 100% due to the way VA Math works.

Third, he may get payed at the 100% level through “individual Unemployability” but that comes with some criteria, you are unemployable because of your disability. That means you can’t (government definition) obtain SUSTAINABLE employment. So if the person has a decent job, they are breaking the law and are idiots to even talk about it.
      Last edited by Johnny44; 05-03-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
        Just out of curiosity what is the claim he is making? Didn’t see it posted maybe I missed it. So many types of claims. Im assuming ptsd since there is a burden of “brown water” I assume means combat.
        Without going into everything, they have dragged this out for years. Yes he has PTSD and was really messed up when he made it back to the states. He was sprayed with agent orange and has the scars from it and the cancer surgery. Some things are better off not being mentioned for his benefit. Let’s just say that history books don’t always tell the whole story or necessarily things from the view of those who fought. He later helped haul out the deceased.

I was talking with another vet today that I met for the first time. He had two tours there.

Comment

I was in the Marines from 67 to 69. Took me 2 1/2 years to get my 10% hearing loss disability. The VA did send a notice letting me know what cancers I may get from agent orange and from the bad water at Camp LeJeune.
          Last edited by Jon Stewart; 05-03-2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            Sailor your the Vietnam equivalent of the rifleman! That hair is bad azz!
            Semper Fi!
            Thanks..................
            But, I doubt the rifleman, was as scared as I was.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              They sure let y’all have some long hair.
              Sound powered phone system on his head. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                We were, locked and loaded 24/7.....................with port and starboard patrols...
                In a free fire zone, or after dark.....shoot it
                If it moves......shoot it........
                If you think, it moved.......shoot it........
                If you think, it might move...... shoot it.........
                if it floats.....shoot it.........
                No full auto.... unless we were fired on...... dang it...........
                I was young.... and pretty........
                [ATTACH]1048463[/ATTACH]
                That's a good looking kevlar helmet you have on.

Comment

I’ve been fighting the VA for years. I have so many injuries that I have been denied for. Even have them in my medical records. They say they aren’t service connected. When I argue with them they look at me like “what would You know...You’re just a dumb grunt.”

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
                    Anyone ever been told your ship wasn’t in brown water and only in blue water? His ship did enter brown water and he did see action on land. The records originally claimed the ship he and others were on never touched brown water or land in Vietnam. So they denied compensation for his injuries. Fortunately for him, he had undisputable proof by way of the ship’s yearbook. The ship’s records also showed exactly where they entered brown water.

There are also records somewhere that show what happened to certain men on the ship who took a boat up a river without loaded weapons. They were under orders to carry unloaded rifles. The aftermath I’m told wasn’t pretty.
                    Who is this you are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Who is this you are talking about?
                      A relative I’ve been taking care of. I’ll be offline. The house flooded and there’s a big mess to clean up
                      Last edited by Katsaregood; 05-03-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                        First, many folk straight out lie.

Second, If he ain’t missing a head, leg and two arms he most likely isn’t RATED 100% due to the way VA Math works.

Third, he may get payed at the 100% level through “individual Unemployability” but that comes with some criteria, you are unemployable because of your disability. That means you can’t (government definition) obtain SUSTAINABLE employment. So if the person has a decent job, they are breaking the law and are idiots to even talk about it.
                        I know a lot of vets that are getting 100% disability and still work full time jobs. A close friend of mine gets 70% for insomnia with manic depressive disorder, 10% for Tinitus and 20% for arthritis in both knees. He did 4 years peace time in the Air National Guard, never left Texas and its all "service connected".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, but those numbers don’t equal a 100% rating with VA math, he would have to apply for individual unemployability status. Then if approved for “IU” there are two types, with further review and without further review which comes with additional benefits. There is also Special Monthly Compensation available for other reasons on top of those.

Thats one of the fastest ways to spot someone not on the level if they spout numbers that add up to 100%. I see such all the time, its real common with the guys that were SEALs, DELTA, Rangers, 101st, and Recon Marines all in a 3 year enlistment. But giving the benefit of doubt, they could have taken their three numbers that appeared to add up to 100% that would actually be about 80% after the funky math and then applied for 100% IU. Anything is possible.

The Code of Federal Regulations will teach a person VA Math if they want to learn though. 1+1=2 until a specific number then the ratings have some weird proration.

The fact is there are not “a lot of vets” rated at 100% nor getting paid 100% IU, the published numbers don’t lie. There are so relatively few Vets getting paid per capita the odds of any one person knowing of “a lot of Vets getting 100%” would probably need to be figured by Mr Spock.

Anybody here concerned about their VA rating better school themselves in the CFR’s because the service organizations are almost as useless as tits on a boar hog. Your county Rep would be a better advocate. And VA employees are not allowed to help you whatsoever.

Additionally, when you are filling out your material, your explanation better (must) match the criteria in the CFR explicitly, basically regurgitate the same verbiage (criteria) back to them with your “proof”. If you have any “multipliers” you need to point those out so they don’t miss them. They WILL NOT think outside the box !

Just so y’all know per the intent of the regulations you can apply for 100% IU with a 0% rating though it has a recommended percentage in another paragraph. If you show how that 0% rated item has precluded you from substantial employment you are in.

Wanna know how many 0% ratings gets you a paycheck, go ask Mr Owl
                          Last edited by Johnny44; 05-03-2021, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                            Yea, but I didn't want to burst their bubble...........

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            That's a good looking kevlar helmet you have on.
                            Too dang hot, and can't wear a helmet, over the phones..........
                            Kevlar !!! We had, brain cooking steel................

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                              60’s Bluetooth listening to the Beatles?

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                                Yea, but I didn't want to burst their bubble...........

Too dang hot, and can't wear a helmet, over the phones..........

Kevlar !!! We had, brain cooking steel................
                                That was a joke about that helmet of hair youre wearing. [emoji51]

Comment

Working...
                                X