Should we go UV Filter/Chlorine or just Chlorine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go with a salt system.

We were "sold" on the Ozone & UV setup. Since we had our pool put in 5 years ago, I have had a set of UV bulbs and one Ozone bulb all replaced under warranty and not one and a half years later had to purchase all three to replace again.

To replace all three of them, with the seals cost around $350. And thats getting lucky to find a deal.

I am coming up on another year and a half. If I have to do it again, I am going to salt.

J

Comment

Salt pool owner here, works great when you do your part.

Always ask the class A office buildings how the UV fountains work out for them, all say they are garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        primary reason for the shortage. BioLab chlorine plant in LC caught fire after Hurricane Laura. I was told it is one of only 2-3 plants in the US that manufactures chlorine

Yep. It's put a big dent in the supply chain.

Comment

Should we go UV Filter/Chlorine or just Chlorine

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
          I would go with a salt system.

We were "sold" on the Ozone & UV setup. Since we had our pool put in 5 years ago, I have had a set of UV bulbs and one Ozone bulb all replaced under warranty and not one and a half years later had to purchase all three to replace again.

To replace all three of them, with the seals cost around $350. And thats getting lucky to find a deal.

I am coming up on another year and a half. If I have to do it again, I am going to salt.

J

Talked to my pool builder today and he said stay away from UV so I agreed.

My pool guy is a big salt water guy but I refuse to do it. Growing up in the coast I know what salt water does to metal.

I wrapped my garage in metal and it’s 7 feet from my pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Black Ice; 05-03-2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Yeah, definitely going to be hard to find it....I'd read about the plant in Louisiana before I started this thread. Crazy times

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X