Hit a snag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
    Buy you another trailer and just trade back and fourth!!! At least that's the way we used to do it, lol...!! Just kidding, don't do that. Wilson county is usually easy to deal with, good luck if you get the wrong lady because there are a few of them there.
    Yes sir they have been very helpful so far.

Comment

Looking at the before pic I could easily see that being a home built trailer.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

What are some things that people would look at in it being a homemade trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Made with round pipe. Did you show them the picture before you fixed it up. Say you built it with scrap metal and show them the first rusty pic. You just made it to purty.

Comment

FWIW there wasn't a standard number of numbers in a vin till like 1981 or so.

So the 9 digits are just that. I have a 78 boat trailer I converted to a kayak trailer that's only 9.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you own another trailer? Do like we do in east Texas that own multiple trailers....one plate fits all....

Comment

My buddy has had countless trailers stolen from his business without plates. It must be possible to get this done as idiot thieves seem to make a living doing it

Comment

Originally posted by CoachS View Post
                  What are some things that people would look at in it being a homemade trailer?
                  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is, just saying it could be. First thing that caught my eye was that the front pipe cross rail looks to be open ended. Hard to tell from the pic tho so I could be wrong. Most manufactured trailers are capped on the ends if not mitered. Look at the cuts at the ends of the supports and all the welds too. Do they all look uniform? Tell em your dad built it 35 years ago and only used it on the farm and never on the street so never was registered. Show em the before pic as proof. I'm no expert tho so take it for what it's worth.
                  I did sleep in Holiday Inn express once tho!
                  Good luck!
                  I've got the same issue with a canoe I want to put a motor on but no title or bill of sale. They will run the VIN and tell me if ever registered, just not to who if it ever was. I haven't gotten that far yet tho.

Comment

Put farm tags on it. Few years later apply for title.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                      My buddy has had countless trailers stolen from his business without plates. It must be possible to get this done as idiot thieves seem to make a living doing it

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                        Put farm tags on it. Few years later apply for title.
                        That’s what I’m trying to do. Just really need plates as it’s under 4,000 lbs.

Comment

It’s useless anyway. Everything gonna fall out.

Comment

I pull a trailer once a month. Hasn’t had plates in 18yrs. No problems. This is a prime example of when it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              It’s useless anyway. Everything gonna fall out.
                              Lol yeah the pictures didn’t load like I thought they would

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
                                Why not register it as farm use and then you dont have to get it inspected or weighed?
                                That is how I got around all of it when my F-I-L passed away and I got his trailer.

Now you have to have the exemption for farm plates. I renewed some trailers the other day and they asked to see my exemption card.

Comment

Working...
                                X