X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I clean swamp rabbit the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      One of my buddies has a couple of good squirrel dogs and it is a blast hunting over them.

Before last year I hadn't squirell hunted in years, used to go as a kid nearly every day after school behind the house.
      We had squirrel dogs for years, and it was lots of fun. My best little dog was a Mtn Feist I got out of Kentucky. We would ride horses or mules and hunt for hours.

Everything has changed so much around here and not many folks will allow any coon or squirrel hunting with tree dogs anymore. Only takes one bad dog to chase a deer and ruin it for all.

Comment

Back before we got deer and Hogs, Squirrel and rabbits were all we had to huntClick image for larger version

Name:	squirrel.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	24695515

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
          Had a good opening weekend at my camp in Louisiana. Lots of fox squirrels along the Red River bottoms.

Nice hunt!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
            Back before we got deer and Hogs, Squirrel and rabbits were all we had to hunt[ATTACH]1104800[/ATTACH]

That’s awesome sir. That pic says a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still one of my fondest childhood and early adult memories! I absolutely love slipping through a creek bottom and hunting squirrels!! I took it to a new level when my dad got me a Weatherby MkII semi-auto 22 with a 2 1/2 power redfield scope... I became a squirrel killin machine!! First time out, I got a limit and 8 of the 10 were head shot... got home I was so proud, but my dad and brother about kicked my butt!! Told me to shoot 'em behind the shoulders... Mamma can't make squirrel head dumplin' if you shoot 'em in the head!! We used to save all the heads and mom would make a pot of dumplins using just the heads... would be a big ol Magna-lite pot with about 20 or more heads... MAN that was some good eatin'!! Grew up hunting along Pine Island Bayou just west of where it crosses HWY 146 and north of beautiful downtown Batson... Timber companies destroyed that part of the Big Thicket though... Nuthin' but a bunch of pine trees now through much of the area we hunted...

Comment

Working...
              X