Vanilla corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanilla corn

Seems the mention of using it has died down tremendously compared to several years back! Anyone still doing this?

I did it for a few years and it seemed to be awesome but stopped as I don't have a whole lot of time to hand corn. Thinking about starting again though.

Tried all different kinds of vanilla, I couldn’t seem to get something right. Seemed to scare everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I never had much luck with the flavored corn.

Comment

I think everyone switched to pea gravel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only double down for the hardcore killers now

Comment

Persimmon flavored is working pretty good in the river bottom here.

Comment

I stick to persimmon and apple. More natural to them. Don't have any vanilla trees on the farm

Comment

Great if you want pigs.

Comment

Yep, still do it and still use it as a cover scent…….works wonderfully

Comment

Yep still use it and deer still love it

Comment

I am a believer in vanilla corn. I have used on a regular basis on properties and have seen it work well in hand corn. I have also used it on properties that have never used vanilla corn and seen deer run to it and chow down on the hand corn! I have also recommended to others that have had good luck with it.
                      We usually put 1/4 to 1/2 cup vanilla extract to 2 cups water in a gallon zip lock filled with corn. I like to have it in the zip lock at least 24 hours and turn the bag over a few times. Then just hand corn where you want your deer to stop and eat.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
                        I am a believer in vanilla corn. I have used on a regular basis on properties and have seen it work well in hand corn. I have also used it on properties that have never used vanilla corn and seen deer run to it and chow down on the hand corn! I have also recommended to others that have had good luck with it.
                        We usually put 1/4 to 1/2 cup vanilla extract to 2 cups water in a gallon zip lock filled with corn. I like to have it in the zip lock at least 24 hours and turn the bag over a few times. Then just hand corn where you want your deer to stop and eat.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
                        My wife would kick my azz if I used that much of her Mexican vanilla

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Great if you want pigs.
                          Exactly. Deer don't need any flavoring.

Comment

I don’t use feeders and only hand corn with vanilla on the corn and on me and I never have a shot at a pig.
                            Everyone else on TBH has feeders, no vanilla and ton of pigs……….maybe feeders bring in pigs and not the vanilla

Comment

I still do it when I road feed. I think mostly cause I like the way it smells. The deer eat it regardless if it’s added or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X