Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
    Glad you found him.

Just curious, how far away was he from the last area you had seen him?

J
    Almost 2 miles. Completely different property that he usually goes to for about a week in late October. Then back to a small home range

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
      Any chance that you've put too much pressure on your place? My target went mia for a week or so and finally showed back up last night. Maybe some white oaks could be keeping yours away too

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

No sir, we dont put alot of pressure on it. Once in Spring, we pull all our stands down. And one day in August we hang them back and get feeders running again. Other than that, its typical traffic. Property owner shredding the pastures etc. Theres been no logging on adjacent properties that i’m aware of. Our place is usually a safe haven where they go especially when our neighbor MLD lease kicks off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I just don't have dooky on cameras right now. I think I'm going to devote some time this weekend to trying to locate scrapes, and put some corn piles out in some areas away from the feeders (like down in the SMZ's).

Comment

My number one target is getting predictable. IF I can get into my stand without spooking deer off in the morning I am pretty sure I have a decent chance at getting a shot at him. He was there yesterday evening before dark and from 9 to 1030 am this morning. In the last 4 days he has been there during shooting light 3 of the days. He will be my best buck ever and I am so pumped. I am so worthless right now. cant wait to head to camp today and do a couple last practice shots. With my phone messing up last night I am going to make sure my buddy gets me up in the morning so I dont over sleep. Wind is supposed to be perfect, temp perfect I just have to get in without spooking them off and then make the shot count. I pray the buzzcut stingers and elite do their part. Just today I had 3 new bucks show up including a ten point from last year, but my split G2 buck is my best one.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            My number one target is getting predictable. IF I can get into my stand without spooking deer off in the morning I am pretty sure I have a decent chance at getting a shot at him. He was there yesterday evening before dark and from 9 to 1030 am this morning. In the last 4 days he has been there during shooting light 3 of the days. He will be my best buck ever and I am so pumped. I am so worthless right now. cant wait to head to camp today and do a couple last practice shots. With my phone messing up last night I am going to make sure my buddy gets me up in the morning so I dont over sleep. Wind is supposed to be perfect, temp perfect I just have to get in without spooking them off and then make the shot count. I pray the buzzcut stingers and elite do their part. Just today I had 3 new bucks show up including a ten point from last year, but my split G2 buck is my best one.
            Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
              Good luck gettin on him tomorrow.

Comment

Probably hold off in morning like always. Too risky on my small places. If wind and weather hold up I’ll plan to sneak in late afternoon and see if neighbor will let me access from him (I think he will). I know the strong ridge that runs through there but have no sets on it. Old tree from 3-4 years ago was in a great spot and may still be prepped. If I go I’ll hang and hunt that area for observation if anything

Comment

Slow activity here on my place in north Cherokee county. Figured the dry conditions would bring them to the feeders more.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                    Slow activity here on my place in north Cherokee county. Figured the dry conditions would bring them to the feeders more.
                    When they start falling a deer can smell an acorn a mile away it seems. They’ll be back. I don’t get to serious until the 3rd week of October unless I’ve seen a target which I haven’t yet. When it gets right I’ll hunt about everyday. Don’t want to burn out early.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      When they start falling a deer can smell an acorn a mile away it seems. They’ll be back. I don’t get to serious until the 3rd week of October unless I’ve seen a target which I haven’t yet. When it gets right I’ll hunt about everyday. Don’t want to burn out early.
                      This is me lol but my wife is chomping at the bit and ain't gonna miss the opener. We are out of venison so she is determined to get her a doe this weekend lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        This. Too much other stuff to do in early/mid October than sit in a tree and wait…. Now after Oct 25 or there abouts… it’s on!

Comment

Yep me too. Not motivated at the moment. Gonna monitor cameras & probably give it another week or so before I get serious

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            This is me lol but my wife is chomping at the bit and ain't gonna miss the opener. We are out of venison so she is determined to get her a doe this weekend lol
                            Well then I would suggest you better get the little lady into the woods. Good luck to y’all. Looks like she’ll have a target rich environment.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              Yep me too. Not motivated at the moment. Gonna monitor cameras & probably give it another week or so before I get serious
                              It takes me a good evening hunt to fumble through all the process before I get back into the swing of things. It’s looking like that will be next weekend. The scary thing is every year it seems like I’m climbing a tree and telling myself…wow, it seems like I just did this yesterday. Years start flying by.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                Probably hold off in morning like always. Too risky on my small places. If wind and weather hold up I’ll plan to sneak in late afternoon and see if neighbor will let me access from him (I think he will). I know the strong ridge that runs through there but have no sets on it. Old tree from 3-4 years ago was in a great spot and may still be prepped. If I go I’ll hang and hunt that area for observation if anything
                                At some point you’re gonna have to get aggressive with that deer JMO playing it safe hasn’t worked. Hell die of old age at this point

Comment

Working...
                                X