No announcement yet.

How long do you set your timer for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks a little light to me, I'd suggest a bigger barrel if you want the real big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      That sucks. I have had it happen too, at least it did not rain on it and make a bigger mess
      I've had 2 of "The Timers " get stuck and sling 2000 lbs out. Our deer don't care about it being sour

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

4 times a day. 2 morning spins for about 3-4 seconds each. 2 afternoon spins 3-4 seconds each.

I think the spin time will be determined by the amount of corn its actually throwing per spin. This will be directly affected by the distance between your spin plate and the bottom so the cone or feeder. The larger the gap, the more corn will escape per spin. So my 4 seconds will likely not be the same amount of corn as your 4 seconds unless the spin plates are very close to each other.

Best way to figure out how much corn you are putting on the ground is to put a trash bag around the bottom of the feeder or somehow encapsulate the spin plate and feed it. Then way the corn on a small scale. This will tell you how much corn per second you are putting down. I know that was a little more info than you wanted but it helps figure out how long your corn should last and what kinda numbers you are putting down each feed

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          looks expensive
          At $10.50/bag, I scooped up as much off the grass as I could! I spent another hour digging grass out of it so it wouldn't cause issues later on.
          Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          Hi had a timer dump 1200 pounds of corn. That hurt
          Ouch! My situation wasn't THAT bad!
          Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          A little longer than you
          HA!
          Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
          No help on the timer....but if you need my cows to mow that grass down to a manageable level let me know!
          There are longhorns out there now, but we're told they won't mess with the corn. I'll wait and see what they accomplish with the grass. I'll let you know...
          Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
          Funny story....many, MANY years ago when we were still using analog timers, I was sitting in my blind waiting for daylight when the feeder timer went off and hung up on one of the pins and continued to throw corn. I climbed down and finally got a battery wire unhooked. Rough way to start a morning hunt.
          I finally got away from the analogs a few years ago. Never had an issue with them for 8 years, then the clock mechanisms finally wore out and just became unreliable.
          Originally posted by ww1984 View Post
          Looks a little light to me, I'd suggest a bigger barrel if you want the real big ones.
          If the barrel was bigger/taller, then that might defeat the "stand-n-fill" purpose! Plus the corn dump would have cost more!

I originally meant this thread to be a "funny, ha-ha" type, but thankfully, a lot of members have actually shared timer/throwing information which could be useful to someone later on down the road. Thank you all!

Hope you at least enjoyed a chuckle or two...

Comment

You will been fine after you fall back 1 hour for daylight savings time....

Comment

Had a buddy at another ranch with 6 Buccees/All Seasons stand and fills he had just bought. He filled them all up one weekend, put the cameras on them and went home. 2 days later 4 of the 6 had the timer issues and they spun out the entire feeder's worth of corn on the ground. Expensive screw-up & he was able to watch it all unfold on the game cams sending him pictures 4 hours away.

Comment

When corn was $5 a bag I threw 30 seconds twice a day, now I throw 5 seconds twice a day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X