No announcement yet.

2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flex I feel for you. Maybe its time to get a yak and paddle. Simplify things

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Do you fellas mind talking/discussing your tactics for these tasty fish???

Tie jig one line. Drop jig in water. Flicker a few times. If not bite, move on. Repeat process till to tired to fish.

Comment

Water level is pretty low at Grenada right now.

Comment

Slew or Team America would be your source for this. They will answer your PMs pretty quickly

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Slew or Team American

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              MF the whole world. Pretty sure my brand spanking used Evinrude blew up.

Whatever. Can't get any worse.

Took it out to scout the giant private lake I just got access too by my new place. Fired up, weird noise, water dumping out the cowling. No more turnover. F it. I'm just going to drink now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Kayak! Ain't goin anywhere fast, but it won't blow up on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                Kayak! Ain't goin anywhere fast, but it won't blow up on you.
                No more rooster tails [emoji22]

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Dude please write a book

I need a mini series. With the stuff that's happened in the last year or two. It would sell!

Boat motors the least of my problems after what I went through with my Ex. And why I've got my kids solo full time!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                    Flex I feel for you. Maybe its time to get a yak and paddle. Simplify things
                    I've got one. But can't take my 3 kids out on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Flex, you've had more probs with motors in the last year or two than anyone I know. Hope you can find one that works for ya brother.

I've been though quite a few used ones over the years, since 1983. Finally bought a new one in 2015. It's had a few minor issues (impeller ain't nothun, fuel lift pump during 2020 covid summer when parts were not available, clogged fuel filter). But it's been pretty dependable for the most part. It set me back a little at the time I bought it due the money it cost me, even with the dealer's discount/clearance. But well worth it.
                      I wish I could. No way that's in the cards. Maybe once my youngest is out of daycare I'll be able to get back even.

Unless I get lucky. Which I'm positive I didn't, bad sound, won't turn over, and water dumping out of the cowling when it shut itself off are not good signs.

Anybody else has that motor they get 10 years. I like to make stuff harder than it should be. Keep it fresh ya know.

Oh well **** happens. I'll be fine. The new private lake is awesome though!

Comment

My number one sure fire tactic that never fails is to dial Slew’s number and set a date, then go to the gym and work on my arm and shoulder muscles.

Comment

I haven't been on here in a REALLY long while but I'd be more than happy to help you anyway I can. Lots of variables in play with them crappie fishes but if you want to message or text me, (972) 310-4461, I'll help as much as I can. Slew and Marty have me whooped when it comes to years experience but I've edumacated myself a lot since joining the crappie world and am happy to pass along what I've learned.

Comment

Find Lake of the Pines Crappie Fishing on Facebook and follow Marty. He puts a full report up every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              James Davis can put you on slabs on Your lake! He’s also big into those striped trash fish too! It’s a good dock lake that’s all I know.

Fished Whitney with him last spring and remember him saying crappie was his real passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Today’s trip cancelled Thursday because of Covid and I didn’t reschedule cause I thought it was gonna be nasty today! Me n little man headed out on a monster hunt! Hide Conroe 2 pounders! Here we come!!

Comment

Working...
                                X