No announcement yet.

Big Backyard Buck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, great photos and some beauty bucks!

Comment

Beauty

Comment

This is a little back yard buck, from where we lived a few years ago. I saw multiple deer every year, that were pretty big. The place we just bought, we only have narrow racked bucks. Never saw that deer in the daytime.
        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 03-03-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Some info on those pictures, I had two game cameras set up in the back yard, on two different trees pointing different directions. Then I was dumping corn in front of the cameras. I previously only had doe and small bucks coming into the yard, to eat corn. Then that one night, I had that buck show up, he was chasing a doe. The first two pictures he has left the yard and going up into the brush after the doe. The last picture he walked right in front of the camera in the yard. I always found the big bucks seemed to live somewhere else and during the rut would show up for a short time to chase does and then they were gone again. It was kind of a shock after seeing hundreds or thousands of pictures of doe and small bucks, then clicking through the pictures and I find pictures of that buck. He was there for about two hours that night. Got pictures of him on both cameras I had set up, then he never showed up on camera again.

Comment

You should get you a 457 Texans SS and whack that sucker legally next year.

Comment

Neighborhood deer are the worst!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                You should get you a 457 Texans SS and whack that sucker legally next year.

I agree

Comment

Had a few people ask if I have seen the buck again this year. Finally saw him this morning on a run. I "think" I saw him a month or so back and was thinking he was not going to be as big as last year, but from what I saw this morning he is looking pretty dang good! Sorry for the poor quality pic. Iphone and sunrise don't equal quality photos haha
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is the pic from last year. Figured i'd add it next to this one for comparison. To me it looks like he has lost some mass, split tine on one brows and the fork on his left side. Still looking good by all means though!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Not far over in La Porte. That a stud. Ive seen several huge deer around Nasa and UHCL area.

Comment

So what your saying is when we win the lotto we buy Morgans Point and fence it in, then demo all the houses and put out our feeders.

Comment

He hasn't made his way across the main road to my house yet this year, but hope to get to see him. He spent about 2-3 weeks of the pre-rut and rut in my backyard the last 2 years. He is a hoss for sure. Was sure hoping he would keep all of the trash and splits he has had the last 2 years, but still very impressive.

Comment

Agree same deer

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                            I'd bet money that's the same deer. Forked brow and split G2. What a jump. Great buck man. Cool to watch I bet.

Yep...looks to be the same cat. Good looking boy at that.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
                              Not far over in La Porte. That a stud. Ive seen several huge deer around Nasa and UHCL area.
                              Different Morgan's Point. I have seen that one when I have searched Morgan's Point on google. I'm in Central Tx. 40 minutes south of Waco

Comment

Biggest deer I’ve seen in my life (I’ve seen many) was off of Wurzbach and Babcock in San Antonio after midnight when I was studying there. I was driving home from the library. He just stood in the road and stared at me for 45 secs. Monster!

Comment

Working...
                                X