Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air traffic controllers going to food banks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Not just that but 125k in DC is not the same as 125K in Jasper.
    There are folks that make $200k per year and if they miss two paychecks they are screwed.
    Too big of a mortgage.
    2 kids at AWTY or Kincaid
    Boat payment
    2 luxury cars
    Supporting in-laws
    Law/Medical school tuition loans

And the list goes on
    isn't this called living above your means?
    but I guess they can always quit that sucky job and get one in the private sector where everything is cushy and for sure. and pays you what you're worth.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
      isn't this called living above your means?
      but I guess they can always quit that sucky job and get one in the private sector where everything is cushy and for sure. and pays you what you're worth.
      In other words it's their own fault for being stupid.

Comment

"Approximately 78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck." That is horribly amazing but quite intriguing!!! [emoji2962]
        There are people $50k with more disposable income than many with $150k. That alone proves it is not the chosen career or job , it is truly a function of lifestyle (debt). Three interesting points from a macroeconomic position came from all of this for me: consumer debt is still way out of control over the last 25 years, if a majority of households cannot function without 30 days of pay we are seriously in jeopardy as a nation, and lastly Dave Ramsey will gain thousands of new listerners...[emoji106].....which has to be a bright spot on this dark road we are on. Hard to internalize alot of this situation when our economy is considered the best in the last 10 or 12 years.....something is off kilter?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Where are the "Should have planned ahead" folks? They sure showed up when the oilfield crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Where are the "Should have planned ahead" folks? They sure showed up when the oilfield crashed.
            LOL This and who doesn't have enough on a credit card to make it two weeks without pay?

Comment

A lot of the junior faa types don't make anywhere close to 125. Young with families and one income and maybe not much available credit. There is a lot more of them in that situation than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                "Approximately 78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck." That is horribly amazing but quite intriguing!!! [emoji2962]

I would be pretty surprised if nearly 8 out of 10 Americans, go to work so that they would even qualify to receive a pay check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m just a dumb ole fireman that makes a lot less than that and if we shut down tomorrow I’d be fine for a while. If you’re not smart enough to save a little money for rainy days I don’t know what to tell you.

Comment

My experience comes from working many years for the agency. And continually dealing with the controllers and their very pampered ways and backed up by their union NATCA. Lets speak of a “racket” they work position for a total of 4 hours out of eight. The off position time is crew rest, computer games and generally lounging around it’s the “stress” of the job they so fearlessly defend. Very interesting generally not publicly discussed the education level of the controller. High School diploma and the average salary at my retirement was the $130K medium. Speak of toys then simply visit the ARTCC Center at DFW or the ARTCC And control towers view the parking lots you will quickly see High End vehicles Lamborghini’s, Mercedes, BMW’s high end fully decked out pickups.

Let me be very clear for I’m sure to be contradicted what a person who works and makes a living and receives money for their services this is their money to spend any way they see fit. For any controller to get on the National news and with NATCA chiming in only strengthens my confirmed believe basically they are nothing more than a bunch of over paid spoiled whinny children who can’t manage their finances.

Comment

Working...
                    X