• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down 10# in just under 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      I dont think I could make a 48 hr fast.......did a 24 hr and was ready to eat a frozen cat by the time I got home from work!
      So I've hit the fasting thing pretty hard... I can consistently do a 5 day with no problem.

Here is the deal, the HARDEST days are day 1 and two... I PROMISE. So when you do IM fasting, you are doing the hardest part,OVER and OVER.

you will never be hungrier than day 2 when your wife cooks and you smell it.

Also, like keto adaptation, your mind has to adapt to NOT eating. You are STRONGLY conditioned to eat 3 times a day... And you have to retrain your brain to accept that... Took me about 3 longer fast to really not fight it so hard.

I'm really thinking next year I may try a full 40 day lent fast... Do bone broth at night but give up all solid food.

FYI I do keto with my wife when NOT fasting.... She is type 1 diabetic and it has already helped her A1C.

Bar none my biggest temptation is Mexican food... Chips and hot sauce test me
      Last edited by catslayer; 01-29-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        The wife and I are starting today, and I was checking to see if anyone else was on it, maybe get some good recipes or pointers.

For those of you that don't know what a ketogenic diet is,
        It is designed to break your body's use of glucose and suppress insulin production. This causes your body to live off of ketones instead of glucose, and ketones are pulled directly from fat.
        Supposed to end up with longer lasting energy, body fat reduction, and fewer cravings throughout the day.

The diet is typically structured about
        70% fat
        25% protein
        5% carbs

Supposedly the first few weeks are a little rough to get through as your body weans itself off of living from blood sugar, but after that it is supposed to be pretty easy as diets go.

I'm 172.8 today, and goal is 155. Not doing it quickly, just ending up there at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Keto is just another program that allows you to minimize calorie intake throughout the day. If it works for you, then great! But science is science, if you burn more calories (your TDEE) throughout the day than you take in, you will lose weight!

Good luck!

Comment

Guys do your research and be careful. Co-worker went on a Keto low carb diet. Started working out hard. Don’t know what it’s called but he is in hospital with some organs not doing well because of it. Has to do with lack of carbohydrates to properly fuel the motor so parts of motor stop working. If you don’t feel good to ER

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Guys do your research and be careful. Co-worker went on a Keto low carb diet. Started working out hard. Don’t know what it’s called but he is in hospital with some organs not doing well because of it. Has to do with lack of carbohydrates to properly fuel the motor so parts of motor stop working. If you don’t feel good to ER

Thanks for the heads up. Hope he gets better.

Comment

Does anyone have a carb-free protein shake recipe that yall like?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                Does anyone have a carb-free protein shake recipe that yall like?
                If you want to purchase, I HIGHLY recommend Keto-Meal from AmericanMetabolix. Take note, its NOT a protein shake, it's a meal replacement. Its expensive as most meal replacements are.. the blueberry cheesecake is to die for tho..

If wanting to make on own, just youtube some recipes.. its loaded

Comment

I agree I drink the Keto-Meal vanilla cake for breakfast after I have my bullet proof coffee. Good tasting and suppresses my hunger all day.

Comment

Down 20#.

Weighed in this morning at 218. Goal is 205 and see how I look/feel and go from there. I'm short-ish (just shy on 5'10), but stocky.. I put on weight real easy and have a slow metabolism, so its rough.

Been doing keto off and on for a while, but really got in gear second week of January. Only started using intermittent fasting the last couple weeks on a 16/8.

Throwing in cardio 4x a week along with heavy weights.. I will say, my strength has suffered a little.. but my joints feel better from all the fats I'm taking in.

Before my triglycerides were roughly 350 and going to get them tested again at the end of February.

Comment

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
                      I agree I drink the Keto-Meal vanilla cake for breakfast after I have my bullet proof coffee. Good tasting and suppresses my hunger all day.

Any tricks for making the bullet proof coffee potable?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                        Any tricks for making the bullet proof coffee potable?
                        Potable? Use potable water

Portable? Get a small drink mixer to mix everything back up before you drink it. You can also find single serving packs of MCT oil and powdered creamer/butter if you want to make it on the go.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                          Potable? Use potable water

Portable? Get a small drink mixer to mix everything back up before you drink it. You can also find single serving packs of MCT oil and powdered creamer/butter if you want to make it on the go.

Lol, I’ll try mixing it better but man, it’s hard to swallow. It almost taste like buttery...coffee [emoji28]
                          I’ve heard of using coconut oil, wonder if they were referring to the MCT oils from coconut oil?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            curious how this turned out. Did they determine the exact cause?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                              Lol, I’ll try mixing it better but man, it’s hard to swallow. It almost taste like buttery...coffee [emoji28]
                              I’ve heard of using coconut oil, wonder if they were referring to the MCT oils from coconut oil?

At home I use an immersion blender for 20 seconds. I bought a portable / battery powered version that works on the go.

I use unsalted butter, it tastes better in my opinion.

Comment

Been doing my keto coffee with kerrygold butter, MCT oil, 1/2 teaspoon of pure cacao, pinch of pink salt and a squirt of stevia. I just use a shaker bottle like for protein shakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X