• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bama fan lost a bet… that sux[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 7

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      I’d love to have been in the A&M recruiting meeting on Monday.

What a legendary story.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/10/1...m-tiktok-video

Legend!

It’s not anywhere near the scale of this guy, but it reminds me of an Auburn game several years ago where Cameron and I (after a beer or two) ventured through a set of doors and found ourselves in the belly of Kyle Field at halftime.

We circled our way around and eventually made it onto the sideline. Eventually somebody would check for passes, and make us go back in the tunnels, and we’d walk around to the next field entrance and sneak back on the field.

We even photobombed security as they took pics with Aubie!

We circled all the way around the innards of the stadium and then decided we’d better exit, but when we came out the door into the common area, we were told we couldn’t come out that door and were actually “kicked back inside” the restricted area of the stadium. We just hung out there and were in the tunnel as the team exited the field after the game. I don’t doubt we could have walked into the locker room with them...but we didn’t.

More pics...

Last edited by Michael; 10-14-2021, 06:59 PM.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Ol Cam. Proof that liberals do come out of College Station.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in the day it was a great place to be. I took Axel to the spring game this year for another try. It didn't feel the same.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Ol Cam. Proof that liberals do come out of College Station.

I still consider him more of a hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
              Back in the day it was a great place to be. I took Axel to the spring game this year for another try. It didn't feel the same.

Culture?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Legend!

It’s not anywhere near the scale of this guy, but it reminds me of an Auburn game several years ago where Cameron and I (after a beer or two) ventured through a set of doors and found ourselves in the belly of Kyle Field at halftime.

We circled our way around and eventually made it onto the sideline. Eventually somebody would check for passes, and make us go back in the tunnels, and we’d walk around to the next field entrance and sneak back on the field.

We circled all the way around the innards of the stadium and then decided we’d better exit, but when we came out the door into the common area, we were told we couldn’t come out that door and were actually “kicked back inside” the restricted area of the stadium. We just hung out there and were in the tunnel as the team exited the field after the game. I don’t doubt we could have walked into the locker room with them...but we didn’t.

More pics...

That’s epic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Culture?

Yes. It felt faddish instead of fan-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    Yes. It felt faddish instead of fan-ish.

That **** stache though.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                      My Ex Brother in Law coached at Stephenville under Briles. After Briles left, he got head coaching jobs and coaches his way up through the Texas High School divisions. Coached under Briles at U of Houston. Briles left and my ex brother in law got back into the Texas high school coaching ranks again.

He ended his college coaching career at West Virginia under Holgorsen. He coached the D line for two years and they parted ways. He made some good money at WVU but it put a lot of stress on his family life. He now sells insurance.

My sister divorced him because she could not be a coaches wife! It’s hard! She married a man who became a NBA Referee. That was not easy but he is now the VP of Review for the NBA and makes bank!

They both knew people that acted as mentors! It’s good to know people!
                      I do believe your ex BIL is a friend of mine. Twin girls?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Legend!

More pics...

That is awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                          I do believe your ex BIL is a friend of mine. Twin girls?
                          Yes! He was one of the hardest working coaches in the business! I admired him for his dedication to his craft.

He and his family are good people!
                          Last edited by gekko man; 10-14-2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            When I graduated in 2003 from Texas my next move was going to be a GA and start my college coaching career. In the end I just couldn’t make the money work as I needed to start earning to live so I chose a different path. The difference at the time is position coaches where making $60-100K and now it’s 5-10 times that in some cases. Looking back knowing what I know about salaries of college coaches today, I’d have tried harder to make it work. It’s a very, very tough life but the money is there if you get in the right guys hip pocket. There’s also 10 times the amount of jobs available on a staff now with all the new positions created.
                            Things have changed economically and I think the pressure is far greater today to perform. I GA’d mid 90’s for $300 a month plus room/board and free tuition. Didn’t need the $300, had no time to spend it. Many of my bud’s are still coaching in college and several are/were head coaches. It’s not an easy gig but fun if you and at least one of your wives are built for it.

Comment

There you go.

Comment

How is Sark in the conversation? From the outside Texas doesn’t look any better than they’ve been the last couple years. What am I missing?

Comment

Working...
                                X