Hogs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs!!!

Just signed a contract for a new property an there’s a bit of a hog problem. Looking for a good rifle to take them all out with. Anyone know the best hog rifle/round. The rifle is going to be suppressed as well. Any suggestions on the best possible build for a mass murder of hogs???

Originally posted by Fooser View Post
    Just signed a contract for a new property an there’s a bit of a hog problem. Looking for a good rifle to take them all out with. Anyone know the best hog rifle/round. The rifle is going to be suppressed as well. Any suggestions on the best possible build for a mass murder of hogs???
    The AR 223 I listed a bit ago 🥸

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DFWPI; 10-13-2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

300 black out

Comment

my Grendel puts a whoppin on them

Comment

Your hog control investment should be focused on night optics and not a type of gun. Start from there.

Comment

well placed behind the ear and use anything you want from 22LR to 50bmg.. i prefer a light recoil round, expands fast..

I use my rem 700 in 223 and use 55grain vmax. done son.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
              The AR 223 I listed a bit ago 🥸

Been looking at that one actually. Doing some research about the .223 vs the .300 blackout. May be giving you a call in a month if it’s still available. That’s what gun started this thread

Comment

Been looking at that one actually. Doing some research about the .223 vs the .300 blackout. May be giving you a call in a month if it’s still available. That’s what gun started this thread
                Well, don't wait, act today lol

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  well placed behind the ear and use anything you want from 22LR to 50bmg.. i prefer a light recoil round, expands fast..

I use my rem 700 in 223 and use 55grain vmax. done son.
                  Dad taught me that one when I was 8. Little bit of brain hanging out there on a 150 yard shot with a .223
                  Love to see what a 50bmg does to one of these though haha!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dad taught me that one when I was 8. Little bit of brain hanging out there on a 150 yard shot with a .223
                    Love to see what a 50bmg does to one of these though haha!
                    Absolutely love that!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                      Well, don't wait, act today lol

Wish I could but gotta close on the property first. Exploring my options in the meantime

Comment

22-250 isn’t a bad round also. Use to not like it, than a buddy showed what it can do and it’s one of my favorite rounds now.

Comment

If you truly want to put a dent in the hog population and their numbers are that high, a lone rifle will never get it done. Yes, it's fun to work on it, but shooting 1-3 here and there will just educate them. Now, if you're just looking for an excuse to buy a new rifle, "just because" works just fine

Comment

Traps, thermals, calling, shooting still not going to help. Need to drop a nuke on the property to get rid of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Start off with a trap, and keep relocating it.......then make the move to a gun.
                              An AR will do the job nicely.

Comment

Working...
                              X