No announcement yet.

Jeep value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If everything is in good shape (correctly done lift, good brakes, no rust, rubber parts look ok, etc) then I'd say in this jacked up market $11k ish wouldn't be unfair to either side, but I wouldn't pay it unless you just fell in love with that particular TJ. That said, car prices are stupid right now, jeeps have always been inflated, so you can't expect a steal. Go look at Broncos if you want to see crazy

Comment

$11,500??? Dang, I'm about to put my 2005 up for sale. Looks like I need to up the asking price

Comment

He already has a used car dealer ready to write a check for $13,000 but he wants cash… it’s insane!

Comment

I let this 2000 standard with 154k miles go CHEAP for $12250 cash about 6 weeks ago. 2 years ago 8-10k would have been fair.
          Attached Files

Comment

I’d make sure the front ends not worn out. I’d make sure it doesn’t have any leaks. Why not pay for a pre purchase inspection at a Jeep shop?

Comment

Dang if they are going for that much I might put mine up for sale .

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                He already has a used car dealer ready to write a check for $13,000 but he wants cash… it’s insane!
                This makes me want to be even more careful while I'm driving. There is no way that I could afford new or used if something happened to my truck.

Comment

Don’t always believe what you are told. Why would he take 1500 bucks less for cash?

Comment

Apparently he has the inability to deposit a check and withdraw cash.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
                      I am going to go with it is a tad bit on the high side but it all depends on the condition and your desire to own it. I paid a little less than that for a 2006 with 124K miles last year but I have spent a ton ($2,000+) on getting it where I want it. I will expect to be able to get my money out of it when I sell it. If it does not need any work then you might have a decent deal.
                      It's a Jeep, soooo

Comment

Be aware a 6” lift is quite a bit for that TJ. Make sure your good with the body roll and wandering before you buy. Lots of folks including myself don’t care for the sloppy handling of high lifted Jeeps (on road of course). Good luck. It looks clean.

Comment

I had a guy begging to buy our 92 yj Sahara with 87k miles for $8,500 the synchronizers were out, and the AC didn't work. With the new AC and transmission I'm pretty sure I could get 11k.
                          It's the same year model they used in Jurassic Park and quite a few people are looking for them.

Your price is reasonable

Comment

I got a heck of a deal on a 2014 JK sport 2dr in spotless condition inside and out with 90,000 miles on it about 3 weeks ago:
                            Freedom Hard Top
                            4” BDS lift with Fox Res Shocks
                            Rock rail steps
                            Brand new 35” tires and American Racing Wheels
                            $20k

Every other 2014 JK sport I have seen has been listed for $24kish with no aftermarket accessories and close to $30k with them

Comment

I think 11.5 is a good price, I have 2 jeeps. One is a '98 with the 4.0 that I bought many years ago with a 2.5 " lift and a few upgrades and 180k on miles for 9k. The 4.0 is a beast and though it won't outrun anything it will climb anything in front of it and last forever if maintained. I'm at almost 300k on miles now and my son daily drives it and it doesn't burn a drop of oil between changes. From the pics it doesn't look like a 6" lift to me, could just be the angle of the pics. Looks more like a 4.5 " lift like I have on my 13' JKUR. Looks like its a clean TJ and a good price to me. JMO

Comment

Way to high imo. You can find one for a lot less if you’re patient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X