No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, I'm still holding to my prediction.

Comment

When I used to be mad at them, I used to be on a river bottom lease in Liberty county. The best bow hunts I had for seeing bucks and getting an opportunity was always around October 15th. It seems there would be more bucks up on their feet cruising within 2-3 days before or after and the activity would last all day long. There would always be new deer during that time period and during the week was even better because people activity would pick up on the weekends. You would still get the random big buck cruising across a road or pipeline opening week of rifle season but they would already be pretty run down by then. The next best time was always the last 3 weeks of season when you could pattern them on corn and the hunting pressure had fallen off. Now I live not far from that lease and can pretty much see the same trend from my back porch.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        That's a great deer. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Nice mature deer!!!

Comment

My hand corn pile's have been SLOW the last few days. So next time I make it up there I'll move cameras to scrapes.

Comment

well i be dang! just having a good old time on the back porch with ya!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              After what I saw this morning I have no doubt you are 100% correct

Comment

Last year, activity was HOT action around this time of the month. It is completely DEAD this year. Just a couple does every now and then. I haven’t even had a picture of a deer on cell cam for about 48 hrs. There must be some oak trees nearby dropping acorns that i don’t know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What did you predict

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake killa View Post
                    what did you predict

sent from my sm-n986u using tapatalk
                    [ATTACH]1066036[/ATTACH]

Comment

That last line should have read, "time to clear your schedule ".

Comment

Not sure about y’all, but I haven’t been seeing much in the way of acorns up my way. I found a cluster of 4 willow oaks dropping, scattered some corn underneath them and it’s been getting hit hard.

Comment

Well my weekend is all cleared out. Maybe I will see something

Comment

Start vacation Thursday [emoji1360]

Comment

I agree with gar guy on this one, looking like an earlier rut than in past years. Maybe we’ll be seeing an earlier and stronger winter as well [emoji1374]

Comment

I had a ton of chasing this time last year but we had much cooler temps last year early. This cooler weather should definitely get them going. All my bucks are still grouped up like it's August. Bet their attitudes will change this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X