No announcement yet.

Bye bye John Gruden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they hire a drag queen to take his place.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
      ^^^^ This right here. The emails were between Chuckie and the Raiders owner so clearly he wasn't gonna get fired for his beliefs. Whoever leaked it to the New York times should be outed as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

The emails weren’t leaked and they weren’t to the Raiders owner.

The emails were to Washington former team president Bruce Allen. They were uncovered during the workplace misconduct investigation of Allen.

All that being said, Gruden wasn’t employed by a team or the NFL during the time of these emails. The fact he got fired or “resigned” from his head coaching job over it is stupid.

Now the Raiders haven’t been great under Gruden so it’s possible Davis just used this as leverage to get out from under Gruden’s 10 year $100M contract. Still a chicken s—t move in my opinion.

As far as the locker room goes, most of what Gruden is in trouble for in locker room talk. I highly doubt the players were going to turn on him over this. If he had lost the locker room over this though, Davis still would have had this as leverage to fire him once that occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think yall should read more about where the emails came from. They were found during an investigation into Washington's organization. They were between Gruden and the gm of the skins. The GM of the skins was.stupod.enough to use his work email for the conversations, so it is officially property of the org.

They were not leaked. They were seized as evidence and turned over to the league. Washington got fined 10M$ for.having a bad environment and Snyder the owner cannot be involved in team activities.for an undisclosed amount of time.

I am not defending Gruden or the ones who came after him when the emails were found, but the league cannot receive this information and do nothing with it. It will cut the legs right off for their whole "inclusion, equality and acceptance" drive they are promoting now.

I am.totally sure that Gruden's attorneys and the Raiders legal team will reach a mutually beneficial agreement as far as.compensation goes, and by week 10 this wont even be a talking point

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          I can't find anything about the racist stuff? Anyone have a link?

The NFL is a joke.

He referred to DeMaurice Smith (NFLPA executive director)

He said “Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of Michelin tires”

Which tried to clarify Friday as that was not a “racial trope”. He said he refers to liars as rubber lipped and it was an exaggeration of how much of a liar he thinks Smith is.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
            The emails weren’t leaked and they weren’t to the Raiders owner.

The emails were to Washington former team president Bruce Allen. They were uncovered during the workplace misconduct investigation of Allen.

All that being said, Gruden wasn’t employed by a team or the NFL during the time of these emails. The fact he got fired or “resigned” from his head coaching job over it is stupid.

Now the Raiders haven’t been great under Gruden so it’s possible Davis just used this as leverage to get out from under Gruden’s 10 year $100M contract. Still a chicken s—t move in my opinion.

As far as the locker room goes, most of what Gruden is in trouble for in locker room talk. I highly doubt the players were going to turn on him over this. If he had lost the locker room over this though, Davis still would have had this as leverage to fire him once that occurred.

Interesting and I agree with your take.

Rwc

Comment

Coming to you from the same people that prefer the dumpster fire that is the Biden presidency because orange man has mean tweets! Remember the days when you may not have liked what someone said but you would fight for their right to say it? Remember when grandma taught you about sticks and stones? What a buncha of sissies!

Comment

You can’t **** off the alphabet crew

Comment

I'm actually sick of this cancel culture. I dare anybody anywhere to look back 12 years of things you've said or joked about and not find something that will hurt somebody's feelings.
                  I think they just wanted to get rid of him being old school and not one of these flashy smart 20 something wonder boy they want to coach their team.

Comment

I could care less about any of it. However if I was using a work related email I would never say anything thats non-professional.

He was a decent coach sucks to see him go.
                    Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 10-12-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I realize now my dreams of becoming a head football coach are gone thanks to all the f'd up things my buddies sent me in email.

Comment

It all started with Jimmy the Greek. Although, many of you are probably not old enough to remember Jimmy being crucified.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          Yeah that's pretty American. Censoring someone and ruining their career just because you don't like their views. But you can be a homo and prance around in women's clothing and everyone is supposed to accept you for who you are. Yeah right, get real. He can't say anything to offend someone yet people can still kneel for the National Anthem and offend just as many people and they still have a job? What a joke.
                          I totally agree. This country has gone to crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            It all started with Jimmy the Greek. Although, many of you are probably not old enough to remember Jimmy being crucified.
                            Ol Jimmy he was a good and don’t forget Rush’s short but sweet stint in the booth

Comment

John was at ESPN at the time this took place. Who was the coach at the Redskins at that time? Wasn't it his brother?
                              oh no, he said the 'R' word ..........

Comment

Sad part about Jimmy the Greek...everything he said was 100% factual

cringeworthy...but factual

Comment

Working...
                                X