Tell me about Over/under shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I cant wait to show my wife who shot a 20ga yildiz for years and never managed to do that the picture. And in my small knowledge of shotguns, and shooting 2-3 flats a month till this year. A poor mount is the reason for that bruise and even a $20,000.00 properly fitted gun would have done the same when you mount on your arm and not in the pocket.

The Indian and not the arrow comes to mind
    Ever been on blood thinners?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Ever been on blood thinners?
      I try my best to be on 250ml of whiskey a day

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I try my best to be on 250ml of whiskey a day

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        Lol. Keep it that way.

Comment

I cant wait to show my wife who shot a 20ga yildiz for years and never managed to do that the picture. And in my small knowledge of shotguns, and shooting 2-3 flats a month till this year. A poor mount is the reason for that bruise and even a $20,000.00 properly fitted gun would have done the same when you mount on your arm and not in the pocket.

The Indian and not the arrow comes to mind

My buddy was shooting my old 870 this past season and was getting in a hurry and not mounting the gun on his shoulder and ended up with a alarm close to that. He bruises like a peach. [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Used wingmaster in good shape.
            Last edited by Peta-hata; 09-28-2021, 06:34 PM. Reason: Misread title

Comment

Disregard , I just realized you specifically asked about over and under shotguns.

Comment

I went through this a few years ago and ended up buying a new Winchester 101 - it was $1100 then. It is a nice gun but is light for and OU and is a hard kicker - I mostly shoot clays and after 50 rounds it is noticeable.

In hindsight I should have spent more and got a base model Citori or looked harder for a used one.

Comment

I’ve owned a couple or three Brownings, a dozen or more Berettas, and a couple Fabarms. I still have two Berettas and two Fabarms. You can’t go wrong with any of the three.

Comment

I don’t have a problem with my yildiz. It’s light and has a bit more recoil but I normally shoot hi-brass #6 and don’t feel to beat up.

This is my only experience with over and under shotguns I’d buy another.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      I guess I am “recoil sensitive!”

…and get in a hurry and hold shotgun a little low to the arm when a big group comes thru.

Shot fine. Kicks like mule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

**** lol

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        A CLEAN USED gun is the way to go for what you want.

If you have an outfit that handles a lot of used guns, I would go fondle some Browning Citori's & Ruger red labels, along with any other's they have in that price window...like stated, the key is to find what fits you & that will take a lot of the kick out.

I'm a big beretta fan, but the 686 / 687 family field guns knock the snot out of 'me'...their sporting guns rock, but not in your budget.

Just consider the model & price window (even if a little high @ retail)...once you find something that's gonna work, then shop & compare pricing of the same rigs. Don't be fooled, a $900 gun online could be asking $1200 on the shelf. Look, fondle, then buy.

Thanks

Comment

OP, you mentioned you had another Browning and in your original post said you didn’t want a gun that kicked too hard. Do NOT expect any solid frame gun like an o/u to have recoil like your semiauto. Until you get used to it, they’re all gonna kick like a mule compared to that semiauto.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            OP, you mentioned you had another Browning and in your original post said you didn’t want a gun that kicked too hard. Do NOT expect any solid frame gun like an o/u to have recoil like your semiauto. Until you get used to it, they’re all gonna kick like a mule compared to that semiauto.

Ok. Besides putting a recoil pad on it is there any other remedies to help on the recoil?

Comment

CZ

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                                Ok. Besides putting a recoil pad on it is there any other remedies to help on the recoil?

If the intended use is for dove / quail, then simply use lighter oz target loads with a FPS of 1200 & under...you don't need the big box store push of those loads that are max dram behind max amounts of lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X