No announcement yet.

Tell me about Over/under shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought both my boys Winchester 101 for graduation.They are a nice guns for the money.Just bought a Browning Citori it is Nice, but more money.

Comment

If I was to choose either Beretta 686/694 or Caesar Guerini

Comment

I have a Yildiz 20 that doesn’t kick terribly.

Comment

Yildiz makes a steel receiver model, so it's a little heavier than the alloy. It won't kick quite as much.

If you can spend $1,000, then look for a good used Browning or Beretta or other quality maker's gun. Make sure it fits you, as several have mentioned. Good fit equates to less recoil and better shot percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            and why is that? Actually they're more than that but anyway, is a nice gun.
            Mine, has served me well, for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              What is your budget??

Would like to keep it under $1,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Nice to look at. Will kick the snot outta you.
                that is true, it is a light shotgun for a 12 ga. I'd prefer the 20 myself.

Comment

Mine kicks like a mule and my bead must be off, can hit much.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Exactly right. Fit is the most important aspect if quality is the same. I can’t shoot a Beretta worth spit, but I can shoot the heck out of a Browning. They are just stocked differently.
                    Brownings generally have more stock drop than Beretta's being the main difference.

Comment

For $1000.00 you can get these 12 ga over under.

Steel receiver or sporting version Yildiz (they is heavier and kick less)
                      CZ
                      Tri-Star - I have heard good things.
                      Used Browning Citori if you look real hard. Google Browning Salt guns and try to avoid one from those years.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        Brownings generally have more stock drop than Beretta's being the main difference.
                        Is this for over and unders only or just Browning in general? I have a Browning gold semi auto, and it shoots well for me

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                          Is this for over and unders only or just Browning in general? I have a Browning gold semi auto, and it shoots well for me
                          Browning in general. Probably, if you shoot that Browning gold well then you will like the citori. Some people can switch between parallel stocked guns and guns with more drop more easily than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Nice to look at. Will kick the snot outta you.
                            There's 3 easy solutions to that.
                            1. Get the steel receiver version, weighs a little more and helps with recoil.
                            2. Get a limbsaver recoil pad
                            3. Man up

I've shot duck loads out of mine with no issue.

As far as which one to get, in the sub $1000 range all of the over/unders are going to be made in turkey. Yildiz, CZ, Weatherby, TriStar, all of them are import guns and about the same quality. About the only one that isn't is Stoeger, which is made in Brazil, and is the only one I'd avoid due to quality issues. Grab whichever feels best and go from there, or pony up for a Beretta/Browning if you want to start to know what a nice OU is like. Me, I'm cheap so I shoot the Yildiz

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                              There's 3 easy solutions to that.
                              1. Get the steel receiver version, weighs a little more and helps with recoil.
                              2. Get a limbsaver recoil pad
                              3. Man up

I've shot duck loads out of mine with no issue.

As far as which one to get, in the sub $1000 range all of the over/unders are going to be made in turkey. Yildiz, CZ, Weatherby, TriStar, all of them are import guns and about the same quality. About the only one that isn't is Stoeger, which is made in Brazil, and is the only one I'd avoid due to quality issues. Grab whichever feels best and go from there, or pony up for a Beretta/Browning if you want to start to know what a nice OU is like. Me, I'm cheap so I shoot the Yildiz
                              I’ll try to be more manly. You must own one of these pieces of crap. Lol

Comment

Winchester 101 is a nice gun but I really like my son's Ruger Red Label.

Comment

Working...
                                X