No announcement yet.

The official 2021 APR TBH special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An 18 to 20" 7mm 08 in the LW mav would be a sweet little deer stand rifle.....i don't need one, i don't need one, i don't need one

Comment

Robert, could a Sendero Contour barrel be available with #1?

Comment

Robert, will a 280 ai be okay in the #1 build. Like to get your thoughts before I purchase one. Thanks

Comment

Hi Robert - thanks for doing this again!

I'm going to go option 1 in 22 Creedmoor. Plan on shooting as wide a range of bullets as possible, with app. 80 gr being the heaviest and most used (mainly 77 gr. Sierra TMK), although I'd want to go down as low as 50 if possible. Thinking an 1-8 twist at 24". Do you agree or?

Also, can I get the Area 419 Hellfire brake, and a box mag vs. bottom metal?

Thanks again!

Comment

Any chance you have a 25SST reamer?

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
              Can you do the folder in 6.5SST? Also on the Maverick if I go that route can you get the Hellfire brake on it?
              We can, as long as you supply the reamer and gauges. As for the hell fire, yes we can. However, we have another self-timed option(listed in the upgrades) with an O.D. of .800" that will look much nicer on that barrel contour.

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyB View Post
                Robert, could a Sendero Contour barrel be available with #1?
                No sir. Forearm doesn't have enough cross-section to accommodate Proof Sendero contour. It will just barely fit a Rem Sendero steel contour, but it would absolutely wreck the balance given the light weight components.

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
                  Robert, will a 280 ai be okay in the #1 build. Like to get your thoughts before I purchase one. Thanks
                  Absolutely! That would be one of the best pairings for this rig in my mind. Great ballistics, manageable recoil without a brake in a light rifle and an extra round in the mag compared to an H&H based case. Hard to not like that choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                    Absolutely! That would be one of the best pairings for this rig in my mind. Great ballistics, manageable recoil without a brake in a light rifle and an extra round in the mag compared to an H&H based case. Hard to not like that choice.

What would be the best shortest barrel length for the 280ai could you get away with 20” without our killing the velocity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wilydawg View Post
                      Hi Robert - thanks for doing this again!

I'm going to go option 1 in 22 Creedmoor. Plan on shooting as wide a range of bullets as possible, with app. 80 gr being the heaviest and most used (mainly 77 gr. Sierra TMK), although I'd want to go down as low as 50 if possible. Thinking an 1-8 twist at 24". Do you agree or?

Also, can I get the Area 419 Hellfire brake, and a box mag vs. bottom metal?

Thanks again!
                      The 22CM is a pretty awesome round, but not the most forgiving if trying to shoot a wide variety of bullet weights. This holds true for all of the fast 22's. Given the small diameter of the bullet, small changes in weight have a bigger impact on bullet lengths........which have bigger impacts on twist rates. The lower velocity rounds will let you get away with a little more variation. Twist rates of 7" or 7.5" are probably the most common for folks focusing on the 80 gr range of bullets. Unless it was a mono or downloaded considerably, I'd not count on a 50 or 55 gr pill making the trip.

Hell fire = yes, but I have what may be a better option listed in the upgrades. For guys wanting DBM.....we could do the HS Precision add-on as we have in the past. Just do your research and make sure the mags will provide the internal length you need for what you have planned.
                      Last edited by Stick1; 02-22-2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        The 22CM is a pretty awesome round, but not the most forgiving if trying to shoot a wide variety of bullet weights. This holds true for all of the fast 22's. Given the small diameter of the bullet, small changes in weight have a bigger impact on bullet lengths........which have bigger impacts on twist rates. The lower velocity rounds will let you get away with a little more variation. Twist rates of 7" or 7.5" are probably the most common for folks focusing on the 80 gr range of bullets. Unless it was a mono or downloaded considerably, I'd not count on a 50 or 55 gr pill making the trip.
                        Ok thanks. So if you were building this and planned on using the 77 gr. TMK's which twist would you go with - 7 or 7.5?

And could I change up the bottom metal?

Comment

Originally posted by Elnicko View Post
                          Any chance you have a 25SST reamer?
                          No. I have no issues doing any of the "SS" rounds for those that want them, but I also have no interest in investing in the tooling for them either. Please plan to supply your own reamer,print and gauges if you decide to go that route.
                          Last edited by Stick1; 02-22-2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                            What would be the best shortest barrel length for the 280ai could you get away with 20” without our killing the velocity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            "without our killing the velocity?" about 24"

Comment

Awesome deal this year appreciate you making this offer available to TBH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wilydawg View Post
                                Ok thanks. So if you were building this and planned on using the 77 gr. TMK's which twist would you go with - 7 or 7.5?

And could I change up the bottom metal?
                                If that is the top end you should be fine with an 8. Wouldn't hurt to go a little faster if you wanted to explore the 80+ gr stuff down the road.

Hell fire = yes, but I have what may be a better option listed in the upgrades. For guys wanting DBM.....we could do the HS Precision add-on as we have in the past. Just do your research and make sure the mags will provide the internal length you need for what you have planned.

Comment

Working...
                                X