No announcement yet.

Wyoming moose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were 30 years younger I’d be your neighbor, not too close mind you, but still your neighbor. I love the state of Wyoming ! Ten four on taking a small bull, to me the meat is at least 50% of any hunt for game animals. Headgear rates last on my list.

Very nice pics BTW.

Comment

I'm right there with ya Drycreek, on the hunt part. Wyoming might be nice at certain times of the year. But I had plenty of cold for a lifetime when I lived in Ohio.

Now, I've got trouble with the heat too.

Hope ya score a bull Wytex!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        I'm right there with ya Drycreek, on the hunt part. Wyoming might be nice at certain times of the year. But I had plenty of cold for a lifetime when I lived in Ohio.

Now, I've got trouble with the heat too.

Hope ya score a bull Wytex!
        TG, when it’s cold you just stay in the house and drink Jim Beam and coke. I made a winter in ND when it was from teens to 25 below every night for two months ! I could certainly make one in WY ! And the summers at any elevation at all are great.

I will say this, in archery antelope season be prepared for 95* or 45*, maybe even in the same week !

Comment

Yah, stay-n indoors dur-n Jan and Feb up there, is why I had 3 kids . And I did my share of drinking back then.

Coldest it ever got: one night -25. And the wind chill took it down to -80. I had ice on the inside NW corner of the house next morning. I saw several days where it never got above +8F in that farm house. And snowed in a few times cause couldn't get the car to the road. Got run off the road by a snow plow one time, that was plowing the county road. Didn't even bother to stop and help me out. Had to walk couple miles back to the house.

Edit: I lived and worked there for 3.5 years.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-26-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

That first old cabin, heck, I'd put some boughs on the top and call it home. Wonder if one can squat there. Probably get away with it for a year or two. I figure that's the kind of place I'll meet my final end. Ifn the wife don't do me in first. Settin in a chair. Dead old guy lookin at an old dead fire.

Comment

And them pictures is pure Bliss. Don't get me wrong. I love Texas, but after 55 someodd years, I've sur got a hankerin for a little geographical diversity. Anything but north Texas.

Comment

Second and last trip west for spouse's moose, success on a young bull.
                Pics to come later today.
                It's hanging and aging in the garage right now.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  Second and last trip west for spouse's moose, success on a young bull.
                  Pics to come later today.
                  It's hanging and aging in the garage right now.
                  Congrats...I have been trying to get the wife back to WY for a couple ofnyears and she sent this to me, saying NO WAY. She is a warm weather city girl.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

looking forward to the pics

Comment

Yes good luck, following

Here’s a far off moose pic I took last week near Dubois/Shoshone nat’l Forrest

Comment

That is Beautiful. How is the fly fishing around there?

Comment

Excellent! Congrats on the bull to your spouse. Cant wait to see pics.

Comment

great pics

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                              Congrats...I have been trying to get the wife back to WY for a couple ofnyears and she sent this to me, saying NO WAY. She is a warm weather city girl.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                              This storm is why he settled on a young bull. We packed up after getting the bull packed and loaded in the truck and headed home to beat the storm.

Comment

What a blast! Beautiful country. Almost total isolation. Abundant wildlife. Sounds like Nirvana to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X