East Texas Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    I would shoot and you low balled score. If that deer dont break 50, I'll buy you a steak dinner.
    ^^^I agree with this...except for the buying a steak dinner part

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Its a "no brainer" for me on acreage that small... He'd be on my wall....

Comment

Shoot while you have the chance. Not only could you lose hunting rights, the odds of him making it through the season in east Texas are slim.

Comment

Given the scenario I'm bending the limbs back on that buck first chance I get.

Comment

Shoot him before hammer does. Better yet y’all start a thread battling it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

100% shoot! East Texas, You might lose the lease, Small property, Be hard to pass up IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                Is this deer located in Panola,Rusk,or Smith county? Did not want to list just one for obvious reasons. You can PM me if you want, but we may be neighbors…
                Lol actually he's not in any of the counties you listed.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                  Shoot while you have the chance. Not only could you lose hunting rights, the odds of him making it through the season in east Texas are slim.
                  I actually passed a buck last year that was just as good as this one, and 4.5, hoping that he would turn into something special. I haven't seen him yet and he's past due to be on camera... I'm sure he's on somebody's wall if I had to guess

Comment

Call me crazy, but I don’t change my management practices based off of what someone else MIGHT do. I don’t care if a neighbor might kill him. The only reason that I would shoot him would be if the landowner was for sure going to divide the place up. If there was even a question about it I wouldn’t shoot until I got confirmation that the place will be gone next year. Small acreage honey holes can produce if you let them. Killing 4 year olds ain’t gonna do it though. I’ve been in a very similar situation and been burned for it. It can also pay off big time if it works. I think it’s more rewarding if it works when the odds may be stacked against you like this. That’s all just what I would do though. I wouldn’t blame you a bit for shooting him. He’s a beast and I’m a sucker for splits. Good luck whatever you decide.

Comment

Yeah the only pass he would get from me would be when I pass him off to the taxidermist.

Comment

Heck of a deer

Comment

Really cool buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                            Call me crazy, but I don’t change my management practices based off of what someone else MIGHT do. I don’t care if a neighbor might kill him. The only reason that I would shoot him would be if the landowner was for sure going to divide the place up. If there was even a question about it I wouldn’t shoot until I got confirmation that the place will be gone next year. Small acreage honey holes can produce if you let them. Killing 4 year olds ain’t gonna do it though. I’ve been in a very similar situation and been burned for it. It can also pay off big time if it works. I think it’s more rewarding if it works when the odds may be stacked against you like this. That’s all just what I would do though. I wouldn’t blame you a bit for shooting him. He’s a beast and I’m a sucker for splits. Good luck whatever you decide.
                            i feel the same. all of my spots are small and over the years i have followed several big deer from year to year, a couple of them for 2+ years even after they were on the hit list, just because we couldnt get them in bow range. i have definitely been burned a few times as well, had 1 neighbor that killed "passed" deer 3 years in a row out of his stand thats about 30y from my fence.

this is a great buck, i think hes closer to 150 than 140.

Comment

I'm in the shoot him bunch and think he's 144-146

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Helluva deer, i'd have to take him. especially on that size parcel

Comment

Working...
                                X