East Texas Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas Buck

I got this deer on camera a few weeks ago. On the fence about shooting him cuz he's a known 4.5 yr old...Free range, East tx. Would you shoot him if you knew there was a 50/50 chance you'd lose the 12 acre tract you had permission to hunt him on? Or would you chance it and give him another year? Mid 140's??
    Attached Files

Good looking deer and would be hard to pass. I’d say if he strikes your fancy let one fly!

Comment

Really cool buck. I def think he breaks 140”

If I know he’s 4.5 I’m having a hard time shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

100% shoot him. The neighbors could shoot him just as easily, and if you lose the place then it was all for not anyway.

Comment

I would shoot and you low balled score. If that deer dont break 50, I'll buy you a steak dinner.
          Last edited by GarGuy; 09-29-2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

So did the landowner say he was off limits? Why would you lose the lease? Would you still lose it if he was 5.5? Do the neighbors hunt?

Comment

You gotta see him in the daylight first………

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                So did the landowner say he was off limits? Why would you lose the lease? Would you still lose it if he was 5.5? Do the neighbors hunt?
                Landowner doesn't care what I shoot... anything legal is fair game. And the landowner clearcut 11 of the 12 acres this last spring so technically I'm hunting a 1 acre strip along a SMZ. Landowner has tentative plans to build a subdivision once prices comes down. Neighbors do hunt some but not 100% sure how much.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  You gotta see him in the daylight first………
                  I agree. Nothing is ever set in stone when deer hunting... but if he keeps this up, I'm figuring my chances are pretty good at seeing him Saturday afternoon in the rain
                  Attached Files

Comment

Unless he’s a small bodied deer I thin he’s 150-152, your call to take him or not

Comment

Roll the dice…12 acres and the rut… good chance someone else might get him.

Comment

On 12 acres, I'm shooting that buck given the chance.

Comment

Is this a trick question?? Hel Double L yes you shoot that deer!!! What are you waiting on?? You got 10-160 inchers mounted on the wall already!! Why are you bow hunting if your not excited to shoot this deer??
                          Last edited by Killer; 09-29-2021, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Well after looking at your avatar I remember your other threads! So yea you are one lucky bastaga. I remember some of the pics you showed off this honey hole of all honey holes on those threads!He might be a little small for YOUR 12 acres!!

Comment

If he’s 4 I let him walk.
                              But I’m probably different.

Comment

Working...
                              X