Just a recap on planting times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    Heck son, I already got deer eating out of my plots. Took a chance and planted early(Aug 21st). One plot did not turn out well so it got re-seeded on Monday.
    Way too early for me! Too hot, ground temp too high and no rain

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Way too early for me! Too hot, ground temp too high and no rain
      I was hoping that tropical storm would drop some rain on yall.

Comment

Plant before the rain and not to early so it doesn't die from the heat. I have my field ready just waiting on rain and cooler weather. Late sept or early October usually works for me in Gonzales county.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          Plant before the rain and not to early so it doesn't die from the heat. I have my field ready just waiting on rain and cooler weather. Late sept or early October usually works for me in Gonzales county.
          Yep mine is ready to go! All killed off waiting to grain drill.

I hope we get a tad of rain tomorrow with the front. At least to get the ground wet. It is VERY dry

Comment

I'll only plant Buck Forage Oats and I'll be planting somewhere around the 15th of October. Nacogdoches County

Comment

Good info guys, thanx.

Comment

All seed (Oats, Wheat, Rape, Chickory, White clover, Arrow Leaf Clover and Red Clover) is getting dusted in tomorrow on my Bosque river grounds. All plots have been prepped and waiting, no more waiting............going to be a little busy starting next weekend to mess with slinging seed!

Come on rain..............

Rwc

Comment

Planting completed last night and just need rain now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

South Texas - I was targeting early to mid October for planting fall food plots. It hasn’t rained here in over a month but most of the fields are disked and ready to go. Confidence is pretty high that we’re going to get 4-5 days of rain next week. Should I plant ahead of the rain or let it condition the soil first then plant?
                    Last edited by Sika; 09-26-2021, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I would plant ahead of this rain if you can as long term forecast is dryer and warmer for the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our place in Erath county got oats planted yesterday. My friends have been planting oats in Burnet county for livestock grazing. I think a lot of folks are banking on the forecasted rain next week.

Comment

Looks like some rain the next few days in SETX. Hopefully I'll finish planting everything tomorrow.

Comment

I am gonna try to grain drill all my plots tonight before the expected 2-3 inches of rain this week! Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                              All seed (Oats, Wheat, Rape, Chickory, White clover, Arrow Leaf Clover and Red Clover) is getting dusted in tomorrow on my Bosque river grounds. All plots have been prepped and waiting, no more waiting............going to be a little busy starting next weekend to mess with slinging seed!

Come on rain..............

Rwc
                              Got them all slung and covered, ate pretty good also. Did I mention dust???? Breck and the wife helped out, was a good day.

Rwc
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                                Got them all slung and covered, ate pretty good also. Did I mention dust???? Breck and the wife helped out, was a good day.

Rwc
                                That's a awesome looking set up with food plots under a beautiful stand of oaks

Comment

Working...
                                X