Opinions on score.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on score.

I've got a pretty good idea. Finally saw him in person at about 30 yards last weekend. Maybe not the best pics of him but had one person say he looked mid 140s[emoji1787].

One from early July and the others 2 are about 2 weeks old.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Well in full velvet I’m guessing 200 but there’s some serious bone under there too.I’m guessing he sheds out around 180

Comment

You better enter in any and every mass contest out there!!! Holy thickness

Comment

Don't know of he will go 180. His mass and main beams got me questioning myself a little though. I've got him in the 167-173 range looking a pictures but when I saw him in person I really thought I might be low.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          You better enter in any and every mass contest out there!!! Holy thickness
          Mass throwing me off too. He got 42" of mass or 50" [emoji2369]

Comment

I'm getting 171

Comment

That deer has a lot going on there. Mass counts a lot and makes the rest look smaller. I say 175-80

Comment

narrow deer fool you on beam length

Comment

They Muy Grande contest winner last year for high fence Mr. Mass was killed on our place. He had 49" of mass.....yours has more. I don't know what he will score but I would bet he is 50" Mass or more....Cool buck

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    They Muy Grande contest winner last year for high fence Mr. Mass was killed on our place. He had 49" of mass.....yours has more. I don't know what he will score but I would bet he is 50" Mass or more....Cool buck
                    Do you have any velvet and hard horned pics of that deer. This guy has me very perplexed. My initial thought what he would shed out and be around 48" on mass. But when I looked at him from last year and one of his sheds i found in the spring, I thought maybe closer to 42". It will be a littler easier to tell when he sheds in the next few weeks.

Is beams have me a bit confused as well. I don't know if he has a 95" frame or 111" frame.
                    Last edited by JBJTX81; 08-27-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I am going to say he's 100'' - plus all of his tine measurements.

Deer with alot of trash usually throw me way off, but I think he's a mid 160's deer.

Comment

its crazy to talk about a deer possible having over 45" of mass, without it being one of those big uglies...... But I know its hard for a deer to have that much without the beams having some webbing or palmation. This buck looks to have round beams all the way up.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                          its crazy to talk about a deer possible having over 45" of mass, without it being one of those big uglies...... But I know its hard for a deer to have that much without the beams having some webbing or palmation. This buck looks to have round beams all the way up.
                          Yes he flattens out some from the 4s to the tips but otherwise he basically has soup cans growing out of his head.

Comment

Yes he flattens out some from the 4s to the tips but otherwise he basically has soup cans growing out of his head.
                            yeah that part looks like it flattens out but wont score....I will say that this buck is in the 160's with average mass, add in all that mass and your looking at 180's imo

Comment

Not knowing your age criteria is this deer gonna be on your hit list? If so can’t wait to see him on the ground and I think he’s in the 80s. Good luck sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X