No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled my card for the first time after a late start on getting camera out 3 weeks ago. Bucks are hitting the sweet feed hard up in Houstin County. I'm still trying to decide if this 9pt is 4. I didn't have a camera out last season because they were thinning timber in my area all summer leading up to bow season so I can't pinpoint which buck he is. His genetics are common on our place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210820-215626_Drive.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	582.0 KB
ID:	24660703

Name:	Screenshot_20210820-215546_Drive.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	24660704

Name:	Screenshot_20210820-215520_Drive.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	24660705

Name:	Screenshot_20210820-215507_Drive.jpg
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	24660706

Name:	Screenshot_20210820-215408_Drive.jpg
Size:	576.8 KB
ID:	24660707

Name:	Screenshot_20210820-215301_Drive.jpg
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	24660708

Comment

Great looking buck
      GL with him

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Pulled my card for the first time after a late start on getting camera out 3 weeks ago. Bucks are hitting the sweet feed hard up in Houstin County. I'm still trying to decide if this 9pt is 4. I didn't have a camera out last season because they were thinning timber in my area all summer leading up to bow season so I can't pinpoint which buck he is. His genetics are common on our place.

[ATTACH]1059822[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1059823[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1059824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1059825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1059826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1059827[/ATTACH]

Good looking buck! I’d put my money on 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This joker got a little too cocky jumping in the feeder pen and running off the deer the last few days
          [ATTACH]1061471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1061472[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1061473[/ATTACH]

He slipped up and got too predictable though….

[ATTACH]1061475[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nice.

Surprised that big boy made the jump.

How tall are your panels?

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              Nice.

Surprised that big boy made the jump.

How tall are your panels?

J
              We use 52” cattle panels cut in half so just over 2ft, it keeps all but the occasional big boar out

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                We use 52” cattle panels cut in half so just over 2ft, it keeps all but the occasional big boar out
                What I done as well… I have pigs in every pen on every property. Small, medium, huge…. Don’t matter. They now know they can get it n, I can’t keep em out

Comment

As usual “Main Event” showed up hard horned and right in time. At 8.5 either the freezer or his age in the deep sugar sand hurt him bad… I was expecting him to trash up, for last few years and he has gotten smaller last 2. This year is a main 9 barely with a gimpy brow. He’s very huntable now, but I don’t think I’ll burn my 1 tag on him. Lola might get to do the honors and that would be very fitting, since she should have killed him 4 seasons ago.

New player is a 9 I passed countless times last season. He EXPLODED this year to a pretty unique buck, with kickers and stickers! I named him “Kaboom”. He is where current focus is
                  Last edited by Low Fence; 09-03-2021, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Got it. I think thats what I should have done too.

Probably makes it easier to get in and out also.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      What I done as well… I have pigs in every pen on every property. Small, medium, huge…. Don’t matter. They now know they can get it n, I can’t keep em out
                      Man this our 4th year using them and so far they either haven’t figured it out. There are also plenty of hunters around not using pens so they have easier options available too

Comment

Y'all have some great bucks this year!

Comment

Man this our 4th year using them and so far they either haven’t figured it out. There are also plenty of hunters around not using pens so they have easier options available too
                          I used em for years. Zero issues……. Then “issues”

Comment

I used em for years. Zero issues……. Then “issues”

Comment

I was mistaken…..

“Main Event” has officially entered the property this morning. 100% identified!!!

So now I got to make a choice…. It’s personal between us, so I’d really love to kill him @ 8.5

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                I was mistaken…..

“Main Event” has officially entered the property this morning. 100% identified!!!

So now I got to make a choice…. It’s personal between us, so I’d really love to kill him @ 8.5
                                Man that's great news . Come on now and sneak us a pic.....

Comment

Working...
                                X