Score 3 Big Hill Country 8's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
    Sure, here you go. Again, that was 7/24 and based on what I'm seeing him still blunted and slightly bulbed, he's going to be more. These are based on what I think he will be. Also, you said 123" last year right? I think you'll pleasantly surprised. I might even be low.

Width-14
    Beams-42
    Mass-29
    G1's-12.75
    G2's-23
    G3's-16
    Total-136+
    Here's a good one of him from yesterday evening.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes sir. I think he's longer and a little heavier than you think. You will be surprised.

Comment

jt400 it looks like there is a strong 8 point genetic on your property and these are all very nice deer. Time length is real strong in this herd it appears to me. Big 8s in my opinion are very desirable and for and few between. Would take a mature 130 class 8 point any day of the week over a 10 or 12 in same 130 range. Thanks for sharing. I love this time of year getting to see everyone else’s possible targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          jt400 it looks like there is a strong 8 point genetic on your property and these are all very nice deer. Time length is real strong in this herd it appears to me. Big 8s in my opinion are very desirable and for and few between. Would take a mature 130 class 8 point any day of the week over a 10 or 12 in same 130 range. Thanks for sharing. I love this time of year getting to see everyone else’s possible targets.
          I likes me some big 8's. We have quite a few 10s as well. Most of them need one more year. In fact most of our deer are 8s up to about 4 yrs old. They generally get g4s when they get older.

Comment

Definitely a good deer! Big typicals are always exciting!! I'd rather shoot that big 8 point than a 150" freak buck with 45 points!!

Comment

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
              I likes me some big 8's. We have quite a few 10s as well. Most of them need one more year. In fact most of our deer are 8s up to about 4 yrs old. They generally get g4s when they get older.
              Good point. I always wondered how many good 8s would actually gain G4’s if given the opertunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                Good point. I always wondered how many good 8s would actually gain G4’s if given the opertunity.
                Lots

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Update
                  Attached Files

Comment

He's gonna get real close to 140. Putting on a lot of length.

Comment

I stick with my original guess. He is gonna push the heck out of 140 if not surpass it.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                        High 20’s, mid teens, high teens
                        Buck #1 is somewhere around 135-138” now I imagine. Heck of an 8!

Comment

Very nice! Diamond shaped 8---I love it! I knew he'd do more!

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                            Very nice! Diamond shaped 8---I love it! I knew he'd do more!
                            Putting him at 138 now. Its good to be wrong sometimes. He finished stronger than I thought he would.

Comment

Some really nice mature 8ptrs. Mr Brow tines is awesome!

Comment

Rough scored at 139 6/8

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X