X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      I like to have some fun and talk some smack but i'm also a realist. While I don't think the SEC is as unbeatable top to bottom as some say it is I also know it is tough and the top teams are stout. When this news first broke the guys on Austin radio were saying.....Texas can't even win the Big 12 so how in the world are they going to win the SEC. I agreed with them. I also dont think they will get destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think when we all get out of character, we can all agree with this.

The hard reality is Saban has a machine and you have to play him on your home field and hope they play their worst game in a long time. Until that happens, it’s going to be hard for any team to steam roll in the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          With the Aggies schedule this year (with A&M inserted for someone).....10-2 if the coaching is improved and they perform to potential.

10-2 with a new QB and coaching staff? C’mon man, I thought you said you were being a realist?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            10-2 with a new QB and coaching staff? C’mon man, I thought you said you were being a realist?

I could easily see them going 10-2. That said there is an equal change they go 7-5. Neither would suprise me. I think 8-4 or 9-3 are where they end up.

Comment

Vegas agrees with his statement.

Comment

Look at the schedule. Lol.

Truth be told none of us know what to expect due to what you said. I also think pre season record predictions are dumb. That and I was playing stupid games with C3po.

Comment

So they both have officially been invited to join the SEC as of yesterday, correct?

Rwc

Comment

I haven't weighed in on this thread in the last few weeks as life has been busy and quite frankly the speculation and smack talking was a little ridiculous at times. My thoughts below.

Congrats to Texas and OU for inclusion in the SEC. While early on I wasn't a fan of the idea, I am happy to have the UT rivalry game back. From a financial stand point, this is a no brainer for UT and OU as well as the remaining SEC teams. Is it good for college football? Likely not but only time will tell. It is a shame Bowlsby's lack of leadership has caused the demise of the Big 12. We (Aggies) new this 10 years ago when we left for greener pastures. I just hate to see the likes of TCU, Tech, and OSU left without a home. But kudos to UT and OU for working this behind the scenes and keeping this on the down low. It's amazing this didn't leak sooner.

As for competitiveness in football, time will tell. OU clearly makes their path to the playoffs much harder by entering the SEC. Texas to some extent as well. This is a line of scrimmage league and the closest thing to the NFL in all of collegiate conferences. You have to build depth on the OL and DL to be effective. Beating a SEC team from time to time (like in a bowl game) is clearly not the same as running the weekly gauntlet from October until December. I will let you all argue how effective you
                    may or may not be in the SEC because in reality, nobody knows.

Like I said, I look forward to the rivalry game with UT. College football is better with that game. I am confident in the direction of our program with Jimbo at the helm. He is a master recruiter and has us moving in the right direction. If Sark is the right guy, things are gonna get real fun real quick. Once again, congrats to UT and OU.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                      So they both have officially been invited to join the SEC as of yesterday, correct?

Rwc
                      Correct 14-0 vote. They will be in the conference by 2025.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        I haven't weighed in on this thread in the last few weeks as life has been busy and quite frankly the speculation and smack talking was a little ridiculous at times. My thoughts below.

Congrats to Texas and OU for inclusion in the SEC. While early on I wasn't a fan of the idea, I am happy to have the UT rivalry game back. From a financial stand point, this is a no brainer for UT and OU as well as the remaining SEC teams. Is it good for college football? Likely not but only time will tell. It is a shame Bowlsby's lack of leadership has caused the demise of the Big 12. We (Aggies) new this 10 years ago when we left for greener pastures. I just hate to see the likes of TCU, Tech, and OSU left without a home. But kudos to UT and OU for working this behind the scenes and keeping this on the down low. It's amazing this didn't leak sooner.

As for competitiveness in football, time will tell. OU clearly makes their path to the playoffs much harder by entering the SEC. Texas to some extent as well. This is a line of scrimmage league and the closest thing to the NFL in all of collegiate conferences. You have to build depth on the OL and DL to be effective. Beating a SEC team from time to time (like in a bowl game) is clearly not the same as running the weekly gauntlet from October until December. I will let you all argue how effective you

Like I said, I look forward to the rivalry game with UT. College football is better with that game. I am confident in the direction of our program with Jimbo at the helm. He is a master recruiter and has us moving in the right direction. If Sark is the right guy, things are gonna get real fun real quick. Once again, congrats to UT and OU.
                        Good post, sir.

Only issue is the SEC "gauntlet" myth has been exposed. I'm betting Texas gets a favorable schedule the first couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Good take. I was waiting for you to chime in. I am curious if you see the league going away from the LOS as in years past with all the new offensive minds in the game that like to run the spread and go fast. The guys up front are always important, but if the ball is out of the hand in less than 2.5 seconds and teams are running 90 plays a game, I can see having those traditionally SEC type linemen not be as important.

I will take great OL / DL over subpar any day, but don't you think teams will be able to compete better with subpar OL / DL than they have in the past based on the new offenses in the league? Everybody wants those LOS guys, but there are not enough to go around it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            Vegas agrees with his statement.
                            Vegas total wins for Horns Is set at 8 right now.

Let me know where I can bet the under of 10 wins please.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                              Vegas total wins for Horns Is set at 8 right now.

Let me know where I can bet the under of 10 wins please.
                              BOB was saying vs the A&M 2021 schedule. The only team Texas would not be a favorite on that schedule is Bama.

I think most people have Texas at 9-3 with losses to OU, Iowa State, and probably TCU. You know Patterson will make sure he wins his Super Bowl this year. I would be happy with 9-3 in year one.

Comment

Originally posted by heath View Post
                                bob was saying vs the a&m 2021 schedule. The only team texas would not be a favorite on that schedule is bama.

I think most people have texas at 9-3 with losses to ou, iowa state, and probably tcu. You know patterson will make sure he wins his super bowl this year. I would be happy with 9-3 in year one.
                                10/4

Comment

Working...
                                X