This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    So honest question, If UT falters and goes .500 or worse over the next couple of years in the SEC does that start them in a downward spiral? I personally think this move could be detrimental to Texas if they don't perform well, or don't get any better.

I am all for reigniting the ATM/UT game. When both schools are good, it is good for college football in Texas. As an Aggie fan I welcome the competition. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.
    They won't.

If they went .500 in the Big 12 all hell would break loose. No difference.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      If A&M can be successful (which is basically .500 in conference and middle of the divisional race over 10 years), what makes you think Texas can not?

I am going crazy with the notion that people think the University of Texas is going to fade away in college football. Every program goes through lulls or bad stretches, even Alabama but to think at some point they will not turn it around is blows my mind. Texas made a really bad hire in Strong and Herman started to get them on the right path but wasn't seen the guy to move the ball forward. If Sark is the guy, Texas will be right back to its position in the upper echelon of college football.

For me, the commitment to join the SEC means its important to the University and they will spend the effort and the money to be successful.
      Nothing makes me think UT can't be successful, but your downward outlook upon Aggies has you making assumptions. The question asked is if UT performs worse than they have or doesn't get any better how is it going to affect them? If Sark isn't the guy, how is it going to affect them? You seem to think just because they are UT they will be OK. I am sure at some point they will turn it around, but how far back could it put them if they do get pounded in the SEC? (not saying they will) I honestly think the Aggies got lucky with Johnny M and it helped them kick start their improvement. As of late UT hasn't shown anything, other than recruiting good (which hasn't equated to on field play). I wasn't' bashing UT one bit, it was a serious question.

I prefer to see both UT and ATM at the top of the sport. But there are lots of so called Big Brothers that can't stand to see Little brother doing so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        I can’t be the only one cracking up at the excitement of these tu fans over joining the SEC. Makes my day every day I open this thread.
        Go be wrong again Aggy

Comment

If A&M can be successful (which is basically .500 in conference and middle of the divisional race over 10 years), what makes you think Texas can not?

I am going crazy with the notion that people think the University of Texas is going to fade away in college football. Every program goes through lulls or bad stretches, even Alabama but to think at some point they will not turn it around is blows my mind. Texas made a really bad hire in Strong and Herman started to get them on the right path but wasn't seen the guy to move the ball forward. If Sark is the guy, Texas will be right back to its position in the upper echelon of college football.

For me, the commitment to join the SEC means its important to the University and they will spend the effort and the money to be successful.
          Who would have thought that Alabama would go from Franchione and "it's rolling baby, it's rolling" Mike Price to where they are today. Just shows the right coach with the right resources can quickly turn things around. Texas has the resources. If they find that coach they'll be successful in any conference.

Comment

Hahaha this thread is nauseating. UT has blown money for years and no results. They are their own worst enemy and their sense of importance and entitlement as it relates to results in the college football world is comical. UT will fade to mid pack just like they did in the Big 12 and that will be that. The fact you act like UT wasn't really trying that hard for nearly the last 20 years bc they were just in the Big 12 and now it is really for real for real bc in the SEC is also dilutional. Notice not much OU bickering on here...that's bc they're on that elite level and don't have to justify their invite or defend their relevance. #arkansas2.0

Comment

Nothing makes me think UT can't be successful, but your downward outlook upon Aggies has you making assumptions. The question asked is if UT performs worse than they have or doesn't get any better how is it going to affect them? If Sark isn't the guy, how is it going to affect them? You seem to think just because they are UT they will be OK. I am sure at some point they will turn it around, but how far back could it put them if they do get pounded in the SEC? (not saying they will) I honestly think the Aggies got lucky with Johnny M and it helped them kick start their improvement. As of late UT hasn't shown anything, other than recruiting good (which hasn't equated to on field play). I wasn't' bashing UT one bit, it was a serious question.

I prefer to see both UT and ATM at the top of the sport. But there are lots of so called Big Brothers that can't stand to see Little brother doing so well.
              Again, no different than if those things happen in the Big 12. Failure at Texas in football is not accepted, period.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-29-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I don't look down on the Aggies. They committed a ton of money to football and have a coach they believe in and that has them on a good path. Every Aggie I talk to either via TBH or in real life is very excited about the state of their program and they have reason to be.

Texas has every resource available so they will not be affected if it starts out rough in the SEC. According to the experts Texas has a Top 10 talented roster, so if you have the players, what do you need...........the coaches? There is no crystal ball to say if Sark is the guy. If he is not, Texas moves on and tries again. With the right coach, Texas or any school can be back in a matter of 2-3 seasons, it has been proven time and time again with programs who find the right guy and they are back to playing for championships.

Texas has been well below their standard, but still has managed to show flashes of what it is supposed to be. I am just shocked at the number of people who are counting Texas out in this move. Maybe it is nervous energy. I love it. Give me the University of Texas with no expectations in the SEC and I will take that bet all day long. A broken clock is right twice a day and when Texas gets it right, watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                  Hahaha this thread is nauseating. UT has blown money for years and no results. They are their own worst enemy and their sense of importance and entitlement as it relates to results in the college football world is comical. UT will fade to mid pack just like they did in the Big 12 and that will be that. The fact you act like UT wasn't really trying that hard for nearly the last 20 years bc they were just in the Big 12 and now it is really for real for real bc in the SEC is also dilutional. Notice not much OU bickering on here...that's bc they're on that elite level and don't have to justify their invite or defend their relevance. #arkansas2.0
                  I have mentioned several times on here that the leadership at Texas is in step for the first time in 20 years. Texas has a President, Athletic Director, and a Board of Regents Chairman that are committed to winning and the move to the SEC is proof of that. There are a lot of great things happening at the University of Texas right now........Director's Cup / Admin Support / New Facilities / New Coaches. Even if Texas was not headed to the SEC I would be more excited for the future given the current state. If Texas was a stock, the smart money would be to jump on it right now.

I get it. You, other people hate Texas. I have never, and probably will never understand the deep hatred yall feel towards a school.
                  Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

20 years? Now yall really trippin.

Comment

I have mentioned several times on here that the leadership at Texas is in step for the first time in 20 years. Texas has a President, Athletic Director, and a Board of Regents Chairman that are committed to winning and the move to the SEC is proof of that. There are a lot of great things happening at the University of Texas right now........Director's Cup / Admin Support / New Facilities / New Coaches. Even if Texas was not headed to the SEC I would be more excited for the future given the current state. If Texas was a stock, the smart money would be to jump on it right now.

I get it. You, other people hate Texas. I have never, and probably will never understand the deep hatred yall feel towards a school.
                      Haha whatever you say man. If Texas was a stock it would be over valued and under performing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                        Haha whatever you say man. If Texas was a stock it would be over valued and under performing.
                        How is winning the Directors Cup over valued and under performing?

Comment

I can understand Texas jumping over,” Spurrier said, via the Orlando Sentinel. “They get to play Texas A&M again. They get to … they can’t win the Big 12 anyway.
                          Respect . .

Comment

My apologies for interrupting the pep rally but does anyone know when the fall camps start?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              How is winning the Directors Cup over valued and under performing?

Yall are dilutional. Longhorn fans trying to convince themselves and others they are relevant is x10 worse than Aggies ever were. I can't wait for Aggie and everyone else to bend UT over!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                My apologies for interrupting the pep rally but does anyone know when the fall camps start?
                                For whom?

Comment

Working...
                                X