This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    The vote portion is all but done. That will not be what stops this. There really isn't anything stopping it. Its a done deal. Some are hoping for 2022 but I think 2023 is as early as it gets. The vote has happened so to speak. I'll go out on a limb and say everyone votes yes...even the ags.

That was my thinking as well. Money Talks, BS walks.

To me, and this is just my opinion, i would imagine they want to get it done and over with as early as possible. Why drag it out to 2023 if their conference agreement goes to 2025? They will still have to pay a severance and will be another year behind in recruiting with de-commits and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      That was my thinking as well. Money Talks, BS walks.

To me, and this is just my opinion, i would imagine they want to get it done and over with as early as possible. Why drag it out to 2023 if their conference agreement goes to 2025? They will still have to pay a severance and will be another year behind in recruiting with de-commits and such.

Nor Texas or OU will pay. They won't have to becuase the others are trying to get into conferences as we speak. Everyone will just go there own way. You might have a Baylor get left out but there will be no one left to ask for money. That is the reason I say '22 or '23. Will depend on how fast everyone else finds a landing spot. Texas and OU would go tomorrow if it could happen. Just too much to work out in a short time period.

Comment

I have been reading other “biased” articles from various schools recently trying to get an idea of where some of the schools may be in terms of their vote. I’m sure most of it is just opinions of the writer, but a Razorback article i saw earlier claims there may be a 4th no. Their guess, A&M and Mizzou are hard No’s as well as Arkansas who is supposedly still butthurt from SWC days.
        Their prediction, LSU with Woodward and his ties to A&M could be the final No vote.

I seriously thing the additional 60+ Million in yearly revenue will over ride any hard feelings and get a unanimous Yes vote unless A&M just wants to stick to principle and vote No anyway.

I think it will ultimately be a unanimous vote. I think A&M’s objection is more than just because of hurt feelings from the past. Being the only state school in the SEC is important for a number of reasons.

I think Arkansas and Mizzou have somewhat legit reasons for objection. I can’t imagine Woodward has enough stroke based simply on his prior relationship at A&M for them to really vote “no.”

Could some of the “objections” be posturing as leverage to get additional concessions in exchange for a “yes” vote (Maybe additional $$, or maybe more say about which POD they are in, etc?)

My Flickr Photos

Comment

How could A&M leak a story they knew nothing about? It's looking more and more like a hit job by Texas' PR. They are doing a good job of making it look like A&M is taking the back seat/being run over by UT. Which is the image/appearance UT needs to have in order to be successful recruiting Texas players. A&M PR needs to come out and say we welcome UT to the SEC and we've been excited about the possibility since we first heard about it 8 months ago or 10 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
            How could A&M leak a story they knew nothing about? It's looking more and more like a hit job by Texas' PR. They are doing a good job of making it look like A&M is taking the back seat/being run over by UT. Which is the image/appearance UT needs to have in order to be successful recruiting Texas players. A&M PR needs to come out and say we welcome UT to the SEC and we've been excited about the possibility since we first heard about it 8 months ago or 10 months ago.

A&M Administration knew about it and kept their athletic department in the dark according to the Aggie media guys. They let their guys get blind sided at media days and allowed them to make comments they have had to walk back.

Another interesting tidbit, it was OU that reached out first, followed by Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I think it will ultimately be a unanimous vote. I think A&M’s objection is more than just because of hurt feelings from the past. Being the only state school in the SEC is important for a number of reasons.

I think Arkansas and Mizzou have somewhat legit reasons for objection. I can’t imagine Woodward has enough stroke based simply on his prior relationship at A&M for them to really vote “no.”

Could some of the “objections” be posturing as leverage to get additional concessions in exchange for a “yes” vote (Maybe additional $$, or maybe more say about which POD they are in, etc?)

I don’t see Arkansas and Mizzou objecting. It’s more money and helps them gain additional access to Texas for recruiting. I don’t know why they would be against a move.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                A&M Administration knew about it and kept their athletic department in the dark according to the Aggie media guys. They let their guys get blind sided at media days and allowed them to make comments they have had to walk back.

Another interesting tidbit, it was OU that reached out first, followed by Texas.

Yep, presidents were all involved. The AD was clueless and caught off guard. He has since walked everything back.

Now they’re ready. I’m guessing some folks above missed the AD’s original comments and yesterday’s 180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Chad C; 07-25-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I’ll be honest, this theory crossed my mind a couple of days ago when people questioned the timing of A&M leaking the news just before Jimbo hit the stage at media days. Honestly, it makes more sense that UT would leak the news (to A&M best writer) on the day that Jimbo is set to speak in order to dominate the news cycle, while also sending the remaining BigXII schools scrambling to jump ship and find a new conference in order to avoid a buyout.

I’m not saying that’s how it went down, but it would definitely be a strong play by tu! Kudos if that’s how it happened!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Yep, presidents were all involved. The AD was clueless and caught off guard. He has since walked everything back.

Now they’re ready. I’m guessing some folks above missed the AD’s original comments and yesterday’s 180.

They let their guys get blind sided at media days and allowed them to make comments they have had to walk back.
                    All the more reason to think (hope) it was tu that leaked the story.

I don’t see Arkansas and Mizzou objecting. It’s more money and helps them gain additional access to Texas for recruiting. I don’t know why they would be against a move.
                    I tend to agree. I alluded to “somewhat legit reason”, but I can’t imagine hard feelings from Previous conference dealings standing in the way of a huge financial windfall.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Maybe….

Comment

They didn't know about it 8-10 months ago. The only recently found out about it and were livid to say the least. And had very good reason to be livid. That said they were told by SEC to not to release the info and they did anyway. Let's say the SEC was none to happy. Over the last few days boths sides have used calmer heads and seem to be ready to move on. You even had Ag AD come out and say "we're ready". I think everyone is on the same page now and moving forward. SEC was right in the end for excluding ags in conversation. That was proven by Ags leaking story.

Comment

Except media days aren't that big of a deal. Does anyone even watch?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

… Their prediction, LSU with Woodward and his ties to A&M could be the final No vote. ..
                            Scott Woodward has absolutely ZERO allegiance to Texas A&M. His paycheck comes from the State of Louisiana. He was born and grew up in Baton Rouge and is an LSU alumni. Woodward’s #1 responsibility as the Athletic Director is to make LSU more profitable and competitive in ALL sports. His current job is merely a stepping stone. Woodward has made it publicly clear that he wants to be the next LSU President. A vote for NO on conference expansion is a bad PR move and would result in LSU missing out on over $100,000,000 in the next 3-4 years. A YES vote will financially benefit LSU for decades, and all but guarantee SW is selected as the next LSU President.

Comment

The AD’s don’t make these decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                The AD’s don’t make these decision.

This.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...