No announcement yet.

Ashley Furniture....is a SCAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried to buy from Ashley twice now and found higher quality furniture elsewhere for a lower price.

Comment

What the heck does the stores policy of sharing on social media have to do with my policy of sharing on social media? I would imagine they wouldn’t want to share this experience, but I would be more than happy to share.

Comment

Wow. I would def dispute the charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, she better be careful or this could go on her permanent record.......I would notify BBB.

Comment

How did she pay? That’s the biggest question.

Comment

Yes’r- about 6 yrs ago we purchased a whole bedroom set from them not knowing that most of their stuff is made from resin! They showed up, started to move it into my home and I saw immediately that so many pieces had been cracked and broken from them sliding it! The driver said - it’s perfectly fine, the agent will come out and repair it and you’ll never know it was even there. I said, I know it Now and put it back on the truck ! I took photos of everything! They tried to give me the same run around so I found the smart arsed manager at the store- hemmed him up and ( corporate) in new Braunsfels had to bring me a cashiers check before I went anywhere! He said he would call the police and I told him go ahead but I’m going to get my moneys worth! People should Not have to go through this but if you spend 10 minutes online researching it , they do it all over the nation! I’m sorry if any of you own their furniture but it definitely is not lifetime furniture! End Rant lol

Comment

Time to call the local News station that have the investigation unit. I would also stop payment.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                  Wow, she better be careful or this could go on her permanent record.......I would notify BBB.
                  What record would that be?

Comment

I personally have known some folks at Ashley. I dont think they will be around much longer.. and am suprised they have made it this long. They should be a good example to the rest of the remaining brick and morter retailers trying to stay afloat against the online era...of exactly what not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      Wow, good to know, thank you. I will be building in Rockport soon and getting brand new furniture. This POS store won't get a dime. Does anyone know if Mattress Mack delivers to Rockport. He is a good dude and great furniture.
                      Good friend of mine just got back in their condo following Harvey repairs. Mac delivered to them.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        I'd have to dispute that charge on the credit card and set the stuff outside if they want to come get it.
                        This right here

Comment

I’m not sure after walking in there how anyone would want to buy their furniture. The prices for what is in there is absolutely ridiculous

Comment

So what's a couple months in a house in Rockport run for rent. Iv got a job in refugio and have a boat/camper in Rockport. Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                              So what's a couple months in a house in Rockport run for rent. Iv got a job in refugio and have a boat/camper in Rockport. Just wondering.
                              Does the rental need to contain Ashley Furniture...or are you open to anything?

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                                ..... The best part is that they said its against "store policy to share any of this on social media or talk to any customers inside of the store". The corporate lady also said "she notified the store security" and that "she was not allowed at any Ashley furniture again". The sales rep also claimed that if my mom notified the BBB or posted on social media, that Ashley would notify their attorneys and thats not something she wanted to do. (she has all of this on video recording)
                                It may be against store policy to share any of that, but not against free speech policy. They can't prove she lied. Post it everywhere.

And, thanks for the heads up. I've thought about going there to look at a new couch but not any more!

Comment

Working...
                                X