Octagon Blind ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crittergetter76 View Post
    If you're in the sharing mood I'd love to have detailed plans for a hexagon stand. crittergetter76@yahoo.com
    I’d appreciate the same Quackerbox. Brodahl@verizon.net

Comment

Octagon Blind ???

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      I have built two octogons. One from steel and one from wood. The steel version was easier, cheaper and way easier to set up. Both are roughly 70 inches from point to point (I cant remember if its 67 or 72"). Im 6' with a 28" draw and I can sit in one corner and draw without my broadhead clearing any of the 3 or 4 windows.

I love both of them. The only down side is when you shoot a .223 SBR from inside even suppressed its loud

I have some detailed plains in PDF I can send via email that reduce a ton of scrap wood. One hexagon and one octagon
      Send em my way as well brother, please.

sierracharlie338@gmail.com

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by crittergetter76 View Post
        If you're in the sharing mood I'd love to have detailed plans for a hexagon stand. crittergetter76@yahoo.com
        Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
        I’d appreciate the same Quackerbox. Brodahl@verizon.net
        Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        Send em my way as well brother, please.

sierracharlie338@gmail.com

Sierracharlie out…
        Lemme get to the wifi. If yall dont have it by the weekend remind me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

No problemo

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

No more than 6'5 ... Keeps your sides under 32" so you can get 3 rips a sheet and run your plywood horizontal.. It leaves a seam but nothing some z-bar or trim and caulk won't seal

Comment

Received. Thanks!

Comment

I have built two octogons. One from steel and one from wood. The steel version was easier, cheaper and way easier to set up. Both are roughly 70 inches from point to point (I cant remember if its 67 or 72"). Im 6' with a 28" draw and I can sit in one corner and draw without my broadhead clearing any of the 3 or 4 windows.

I love both of them. The only down side is when you shoot a .223 SBR from inside even suppressed its loud

I have some detailed plains in PDF I can send via email that reduce a ton of scrap wood. One hexagon and one octagon
                I would love to have a copy as well, sixwarden9@hotmail .com

Comment

While perusing the DIY looking for blind ideas I have ended up with less of a plan than before. I like the idea of a hexagon blind, but I am without a table saw, so cutting all the angles seems not so fun with a circular saw. I originally thought about a 4x6 blind with a single vertical window in the short side. Hunting to a feeder at 20 yards, so I don't need lots of shooting windows. We have been using a pop up, but like the idea of a box blind up 3-4 feet. Anyone try a box blind like this, or is a hexagon or octogan the way to go?

Comment

One more question, are you guys stand or sitting to shoot? Well actually a lot of questions, but I can't create a new thread yet. Last one in here, how do decide your window height from the floor and overall vertical size?

Comment

Hexagon doesn't require anything more than a circular saw. The corner 2x2 pieces of wood fit perfect when ran through a table saw, but not all that bad without.
                      Hexagon is more expensive but easily fit 2 people and have plenty of drawing room.

Comment

This is mine I built a few years ago . It’s a little over 6 feet wide .Click image for larger version

Name:	04EA00A6-3C52-4F00-8BEB-32EF1CFA9F09.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	24593421

Comment

Originally posted by sixwarden9 View Post
                          While perusing the DIY looking for blind ideas I have ended up with less of a plan than before. I like the idea of a hexagon blind, but I am without a table saw, so cutting all the angles seems not so fun with a circular saw. I originally thought about a 4x6 blind with a single vertical window in the short side. Hunting to a feeder at 20 yards, so I don't need lots of shooting windows. We have been using a pop up, but like the idea of a box blind up 3-4 feet. Anyone try a box blind like this, or is a hexagon or octogan the way to go?

I ended up making a Hexagon Blind. I made it where it was basically 6ft across its longest width. If I was to do it again, I would have made it a little bigger. I can draw inside it but really have to watch moving around in it while drawing.

Comment

Originally posted by sixwarden9 View Post
                            I would love to have a copy as well, sixwarden9@hotmail .com
                            Same as above. Remind me if u dont see them.

I'm going to be building another in the spring. Havent decided if 6 or 8 sides

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                              Hexagon doesn't require anything more than a circular saw. The corner 2x2 pieces of wood fit perfect when ran through a table saw, but not all that bad without.
                              Hexagon is more expensive but easily fit 2 people and have plenty of drawing room.
                              When you say more expensive, you mean than a regular box blind I'm guessing?

Comment

Same as above. Remind me if u dont see them.

I'm going to be building another in the spring. Havent decided if 6 or 8 sides

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X